Job Code: O43
Title: IT Helpdesk Technician, Journeyman
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL (Eglin AFB)
Are you looking for a rewarding and impactful new opportunity? Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for an IT Help Desk Support Technician (Journeyman) supporting The Armament Operations Division, AFLCMC/EBO, which provides Information Technology, Information Assurance, Cyber Operations, and Security Services to all divisions. A Top Secret Clearance is required for this role.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Management of organizational information and network systems
- Provides assistance to our customer providing desktop workstation, and network-attached devices (i.e. printers, scanners, etc.)
- Assists the Government in maintaining a Windows 10, as well as legacy/future operating systems
- Performs assessments, development, implementation, management, maintenance and administration of computing equipment, Telecommunications Infrastructure (video conferencing), and other customer-required information technology services
- Performs all support functions to ensure the workstations are compliant with existing Air Force and DoD regulations, directives, and policies
- Associates Degree (AA/AS) and 5+ year’s relevant experience
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Familiarity with Windows Deployment Server
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- Top Secret clearance
- Must be able to work varied and flexible hours as needed
- Knowledge of DoD 8140 compliance
- Experience with the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and Windows applications
- Experience installing and troubleshooting network peripherals such as printers and scanners
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, ENDR, Remedy, Smartphones (iPhone), and VoIP telephones
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.