Avalon Health Care is seeking a confident, energetic, resourceful IT Help Desk Technician!
- Respond to employee phone calls and emails requesting help with technical issues in support of Avalon's enterprise environment.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Follow escalation procedures when needed in order to ensure successful resolution to issues.
- Follow issues through to completion, and communicate the result to the end user.
- Must be able to interface with end-users, service technicians, other technical support personnel, and other technical professionals and have the communication skills to convey the situation in a tactful, professional, diplomatic and logical manner.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with adverse, difficult and potentially discouraged end-users and to read, speak and write English fluently.
- Employee will be on a 90 day probationary period and be required to demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and support IT systems and applications at all assigned Avalon facilities. This includes but is not limited to PC hardware, laptops, wall mounted touch screen kiosks, VPN clients, network devices, (switches, modems) Ethernet cabling, wireless systems, printers/copiers, Microsoft windows platforms, Microsoft Office suite, Open Office, MacAfee virus protection, RDP terminal services, MS IE, MS Outlook, etc.
- Must have day-to-day skills in working MS Office Word, Excel, Adobe, and Email.
Various shifts, including overnights and some weekends
- 0-3 years computer helpdesk support.
- Strong technical knowledge and analytical skills.
- Must have strong telephone presence and solid interpersonal skills
- Must have (or pass) a clean criminal background.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Must have current valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Industry certifications such as CWSP, Cisco, MCSE, etc. are desirable.
High School diploma or related field or equivalent work experience.