The IT Help-desk Dispatcher (Entry Level) serves as the first point of contact to all our clients and is responsible for handling incoming service requests. This includes documenting of client issues, asking for clarification when necessary, assigning service tickets, resolving some tier 1 service requests and delegating tasks to others. The IT Help-desk Dispatcher must be a technically capable self-starter with strong organizational and customer service skills. This role requires a great degree of multi-tasking. IT Help-desk Dispatcher will also be expected to communicate with customers regarding the status of ongoing tickets/service desk requests.We have openings in both our Salem and Beaverton offices due to our rapid growth!
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Good overall understanding of computers and common operating systems
- Tenacious attitude and desire to learn
- High attention to detail
- Ability to deal with periodic spikes in phone traffic
- Experience using MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work under high pressure
- Previous knowledge of Connectwise or experience using another CRM or ticketing system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Respond to phone and email support requests from customers
- Escalation of service requests as needed
- Work with the service desk manager to ensure SLA goals are being met
- Managing technician calendars and schedules
- Provides customers with initial support by phone
- Clean up, processing and assignment of support tickets
- Resolving tier 1 support tickets where possible
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred) with at least 3 years of professional experience in an IT Helpdesk role or certification equivalent
- Basic understanding of Windows Server environments (SBS,2003, 2008 R2 & 2012)
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols and concepts (VPN, Routing, Ports, TCP/IP)
- N+, A+ certifications a plus
Pacific Office Automation is a recognized leader in office management solutions, offering state-of-the-art technology and award-winning customer service. We have grown to 25 office throughout 8 states – Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho and Colorado. We are the largest private dealership in the nation, and one of the world’s largest dealers for Konica Minolta copiers, printers, faxes and multifunctional devices. Yet our focus remains local.
We are a company with deep roots in the West, employing over 1000 hard-working men and women. We are dedicated to supporting the communities in which we operate, including many philanthropic efforts to support academics and athletics.