Bruker is recruiting for a paid IT Helpdesk Intern. The Corporate IT team at Bruker is looking for a smart, energetic college co-op student that can work 15 hours or more per week. The preferred student would currently be engaged in a computer science or business curriculum. The student needs to be reliable and committed. At Bruker the student will work with under the direction of a Senior IT Manager. This is a great opportunity for a college student to both strengthen their technical skills and to develop communication skills.
- Configure laptops/desktops and coordinate the handoff of these machines to the local and remote users.
- Provide IT support to our user community
- Install and configure new computers and other IT equipment
- Diagnose and resolve desktop/laptop software issues
- Diagnose and resolve issues that affect computer operating systems
- Diagnose desktop/network printing issues
- Track, prioritize and document requests using the IT ticketing system
- Ensure hardware, software, and network upgrades, installs, re-installs, changes and relocations are efficiently completed as required
- Troubleshooting of systems, networks, and applications to identify malfunctions and correct them as well as other operational difficulties
- Perform other duties as required
- Matriculating college student studying computer science or business.
- Hands on experience with Windows 10 operating system
- Hands on experience with WINTEL desktops/laptops
- Customer service focused
- Detail oriented individual who takes pride in his/her work
- Positive attitude. Energetic. Desire to learn and advance current skillset
- Reliable transportation to Bruker Billerica Campus
- Ability to work 15 hours or more per week
- Ability to work additional hours during school breaks/vacations
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.