IT/Helpdesk, Support Technician - 3+ years’ experience required (Full Time)
We are seeking a technician for our growing IT Service and Consulting Company in Billerica, MA. Candidate will be responsible for both the in-house and on-site support of our customer’s technology needs.
In-house support- Require the tech to be personable with our customers, capable of explaining our repair services and costs, as well as explaining repair costs and computer diagnosis to customers. You must already possess technical skills and knowledge to perform the required computer repair services as well as perform technical and system diagnostics and upgrades as needed.
On-site support - Required for our commercial business clients in the form of help desk support, supporting network equipment and network infrastructure, server and network administration/maintenance, troubleshooting of network equipment and infrastructure, support for our client’s staff with day-to-day computer and software issues as well as provisioning and deploying new network and computer equipment.
Candidate must have an understanding and working knowledge of network wiring, TCP/IP communication, Internet connectivity & routing, Windows Server and typical server applications, Windows workstation operating systems and typical Windows applications. VoIP equipment and software and IP camera equipment and software knowledge is a plus.
Candidate must possess strong customer service skills and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Meet customers and quickly assess the technical support needed.
- Explain repair costs to walk-in customers with a sales oriented mindset and upselling the customer on computer protection plans and computer upgrades.
- Perform basic computer repair services such as motherboard replacements, hard drive replacements, laptop screen replacements, operating system reinstalls, virus removals, and ordinary computer troubleshooting and repair services.
- Perform on-site and/or remote analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex hardware/software problems for a variety of end users and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Responding to client requests via phone or email for support of their network/server/workstation equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on client equipment
- Perform new installations of computer and network equipment
- Accurately track time for services rendered to clients for billing purposes.
- Accurately document customer network and computer details in our CRM system.
- Clearly and accurately communicate with customers.
- Clearly and accurately communicate with management.
- 3+ Years’ Experience
- Be personable and possess customer service skills
- Ability to diagnose and fix computers
- Basic knowledge of all current releases of Windows Operating System
- Ability to perform Virus/Malware/Spyware detection and removal and be familiar with common removal software
- Experience providing help desk support to users via telephone/email/remotely
- Ability to manage time and work responsibly without supervision
- Previous experience selling technology products and services
- Availability M-F from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM and be available for on-call on the weekends periodically.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- No criminal record or history
- Server Experience is a MUST
- Good multi-tasking skills, ability to prioritize effectively and ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows server operating systems, Microsoft exchange server application (current versions) and Microsoft Windows Client Operating Systems (current versions)
- Experience with mainstream router/switch and access points from vendors such as Cisco, SonicWALL, Ubiquiti, Netgear, Dlink, etc…
- Experience with mainstream printers such as HP, Dell, Epson, Lexmark, Brother, etc.
- Working knowledge and a strong grasp of networking principles such as TCP/IP, DNS, Windows Networking, Network Printing, Internet Routing
- Experience with IP phones systems and or IP camera systems.
Alpha Omega Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Associates Degree (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45k-$65k depending on experience
Compensation based on experience