The IT Major Incident Manager directs a matrix team whose responsibility it is to drive the process for infrastructure and applications incidents that are complex and highly visible, from declaration to service availability. The individual leads the practice with thought leadership, strategic/tactical direction, process and procedure enhancements, incident response, communication and drills/tests. Proactively partners with his/her technology peers and the business to provide consulting, solutions options, and recommendations around major incident management standards, strategies and governance. Additionally, this is an individual who focuses on conducting incidents which occur outside the standard operation plan and which can lead to a reduction or interruption of quality of service in cloud computing, that can lead to service shortages at all infrastructure levels (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Establishes practice goals and implements procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals. Communicates policy and procedural changes. Generate reports for management in regards to Major Incident adherence to process, procedures, SLA’s, communications, drills/tests and governance.
- Appropriately prioritizes incidents based on knowledge of the organizations systems, infrastructure and business processes with a sense of urgency. Can correct, identify, aggregate and correlate events that make up an incident in cloud computing. Helps facilitate resolution across the organizations technical teams and vendor partnerships for the timely resolution of issues.
- Focuses on the restoration of normal service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact on business operations leveraging applicable industry best practice support frameworks, including the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Drives and implements change, continuous improvement and response development within the incident management practice. Coordinates root cause analysis and assess business impact in cloud computing.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on the performance of critical internal and external IT management processes and develop recommendations to improve all Major Incident processes and procedures.
- Gains a clear understanding of upcoming IT/Infrastructure projects and changes to understand and evaluate potential impacts.
- Builds effective relationships with technical and business teams throughout the organization and with Selective’s vendor partnerships to better support the overall team and the effective resolution of incidents/restoration of services
- Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures. Develops a culture of quick problem assessment and resolution across the broader team.
- Provides a solid approach to address SLA incidents by covering aspects pertaining to service runtime in cloud which could cause SLA breaches and could disrupt service execution
- Manage incidents in multi-cloud approaches and can establish a clear definition and methodology of outages given by cloud service providers.
- 10 years Information Technology experienced with 5+ years leadership role required.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, communication, organization, task, and time management skills.
- Strong Cloud Computing Skills
- Ability to break down complex problems and incidents into smaller actionable components and develop a roadmap to incident equivalent.
- Ability to communicate and translate business impacting issues to executive leadership.
- Experience working as a Problem / Incident / Change and or Capacity Manager, responsible for coordinating major problems and / or incidents and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at the technical and business management level.
- Strategic thinker with deep business acumen and understanding of how IT will contribute to business strategy.
- Ability to work closely with the business functions and IT teams and establish strong relationships - both internally with business units, and externally, with vendors and providers.
- Highly effective analytical, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Change leader who is customer focused and translates vision into actionable deliverables.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills - can do deep dives while staying focused.
- Effective communicator is highly articulate and able to convey important messages both verbally and in writing to all organizational levels.
- Strong technical background in key aspects of IT infrastructure, including desktop hardware, enterprise applications, databases, storage, networks and all types of servers
- College degree preferred. Commensurate work and/or military experience will be considered.
- 10+ years Information Technology experience with 5+ years leadership experience.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.