About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a qualified IT Infrastructure Engineer - Network, who will be responsible for maintaining and administering SWCA’s information networks. The goal of the network engineer will be to maintain a positive and consultative relationship with business leaders and staff as well as to provide the highest level of performance in architecting, designing, implementing and maintaining resilient and fast network connections.
Our ideal candidate will have the drive to work with minimal supervision and push themselves to help SWCA improve our networks daily, can work alone or as a team, and does not mind taking on additional duties from time to time to work in collaboration with the other IT team members. National travel of at least 45% - 55%of the time will be expected of this role.
What you will accomplish
- Design, configure, and support corporate network environment to meet business needs and future growth
- Design, setup, configure, and support Juniper switches, Palo Alto firewalls and Xirrus wireless
- Data Center SAN, Virtual network, and core switch infrastructure
- Develop network performance and security reports to include compilation, analysis and Interpretation of results
- Troubleshoot and diagnose severity of problems and makes repairs with little or no assistance
- Create and maintain documentation relating to network to include layer 1 and 3
- Document and maintain disaster recovery plan relating to the network
- Provide training, mentoring and direction for other network administration staff when needed
- Recommend upgrades and new applications and equipment
- Patch and update firmware of network gear as needed
- Assist team as needed
- Strong personal and team communication skills
Experience and qualifications for success
- 5+ years of experience building, managing, and supporting Juniper and Palo Alto networks networks
- JNCIA+, CCNA, or other industry accepted certifications with a focus on routing/switching
- Experience with syslog servers, network security and response
- Knowledge of and experience working within an ITIL environment
- Experience utilizing routing protocols such as BGP or MPLS
- Experience with the operation, security, troubleshooting and design of enterprise data networks
- Solid understanding of QOS concepts, implementation, and support techniques
- Able to design and implement security technologies such as ACL’s, RADIUS, IPSEC, IPS, etc.
- Broad knowledge of different LAN and WAN technologies
- Experience with wireless technologies, including 802.11b/g/n/ac, WAP configuration, 802.1x, site surveys, monitoring, and fault isolation preferred (Xirrus wireless experience)
- Solid understanding of Palo Alto best practices concerning voice and data networks
- Able to create and maintain detailed network documentation, Layer 1 and 3
- Knowledge of data protocols, IT architectures, networking standards and security best practices
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP for a transport perspective
- Basic Windows and/or Linux skills are a plus
- Ability to travel nationally 45-55%
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.