The IT Auditor will evaluate, test and document Information Technology solutions and controls, and work closely with other Information Security team members to remediate risk while ensuring the business is able to innovate. The IT Auditor in this role is expected to consistently learn and grow into the legal services environment. This is not a passive career opportunity, but rather one that requires a passion for IT Auditing and rigor to protect the Firm.
The IT Auditor will collaborate with internal and external audit and exam teams, along with technology management and business stakeholders.
The IT Auditor will report to the Director of Internal Audit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Executes IT Audit including planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Supports integrated audits data analytics function and pre-implementations.
- Assisting with ISO 27001:2013 control testing.
- Identifies controls, develops and executes test plans.
- Participates in technical and non-technical projects requiring Information Technology oversight and ensures policies, procedures and standards are met.
- Interfaces with internal and external auditors for audit engagements.
- Recommends new processes as well as effective improvements to existing Information Technology controls that do not negatively impact business innovation.
- Serves as a liaison for the Information Security team during external audits.
- Performs any and all other duties as necessary and as assigned for efficient functioning of the Department, Office and Firm.
INTERACTIONS AND CHALLENGES:
- Possess highly effective communication skills with the ability to influence business units.
- Act with integrity, take pride in work and seek to excel, be curious and adaptable.
- Display an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Leverage strategic and tactical thinking.
- Work calmly under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective decision-making skills.
- Highly trustworthy and lead by example.
- Stays current with evolving regulations landscape.
QUALIFICATIONS / KSAs
- At least 3-5 years of Information Technology audit experience in public accounting and /or internal audit.
- Experience with compliance requirements (GLBA, PCI, HIPAA, SOX, ISO27001:2013 etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate business risk as it relates to information technology.
- Experience in conducting audit engagements that protect the business and adhere with compliance and privacy laws.
- Knowledge of multiple computing platforms, including Windows, OSX, Linux, UNIX, Networks and Endpoints.
- Experience with change and project management processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Information Assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent.
- Certifications of CPA,CISA, ISO27001:2013 Lead Auditor, (a plus).
Additional Job Description
Time TypeFull time
Dechert LLP is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Firm prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.