Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
IT - Interns
How you'll make a difference?
This position will have responsibility for supporting the Commercial Systems team within Information Services with analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, and support of our web, intranet, and sales systems. The intern will work closely with other IS resources as they support Finance, Sales, and Operations across Orthofix.
What will your Duties and Responsibilities be?
- Resolve helpdesk tickets assigned to the team
- Ensure system enhancements and changes are thoroughly tested and deployed correctly
- Provide effective and timely communication to IS coworkers and end users
- Maintain effective regulatory and compliance related processes
What skills and experience will you need?
- Active college or high school student studying computer science, mathematics, management information systems, business administration, or related field
- Familiarity with SQL programming
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize
- Introductory knowledge related to methods, procedures, and standards for analyzing, designing, constructing, implementing, and maintaining information systems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new business concepts and technology quickly.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS (not necessary but preferred):
- Experience with development tools such as Visual Studio and SharePoint Designer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 20 lbs.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.