The Lean/Agile Coach will help design andimplement a strategy for teams to continuously improve their use of Lean/Agileprinciples and practices. The Coach will help teams connect organizationalstrategy to their daily work. They will help teams to discover better ways ofworking and deliver value to their customers by enabling stakeholders to leadand contribute to their fullest potential. The Coach will leverage their Lean/Agilemindset and coaching expertise to facilitate the process and partner with internalstakeholders of the organization.Theywill influence executives, leaders, business units, and teams on Lean and Agileprinciples, behaviors, and values as well as show them how to build, grow, andmaintain a thriving Lean/Agile organization at scale.
Essential Job Duties &Responsibilities
Advises on Agile methodology framework andprinciples in coordination with organizational initiatives.
Provides Agile guidance for specific Agileroles.
Reviews and improves Agile roles, skills,and behaviors.
Analyzes and recommends metrics to drivedesired results and behaviors.
Conducts Lean and Agile readiness,suitability, and maturity assessments.
Involved in work cell activation withguidance on structure, risk identification and mitigation strategies.
Facilitates and guides release planningand roadmap sessions to identify minimal viable product (MVP).
Facilitates and supports Lean and Agilerelated Communities of Practices (CoP)
Contributes to the development of Agiletransformation strategies, and planning needed to achieve department Agilefocus.
Applies advanced Lean principles (ValueStream Mapping, 5S, Standard Work, Cellular Flow, Pull Replenishment, Demandand Production Smoothing, Mistake Proofing, and Total Productive Maintenance)to define and implement process improvement initiatives.
Applies Advanced Six Sigma / CI processes,principles (including but not limited to: DMAIC approach, Root Cause Analysis,Statistical Analysis,) to define and implement process improvement.
Serves as a role model for excellence toembed CI within the organization and develop sustainable CI / LEAN practices.
- May participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new technology.
- Performs other special projects or duties as assigned.
- Presents information to stakeholders.
- Strong facilitation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach at all levels of the organization (i.e. associate through executive levels).
- Extensive knowledge in Waterfall and Agile SDLC such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe and Agile Portfolio and Program Management.
- Knowledge in at least one Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool such as JIRA, VersionOne, and/or Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Knowledge with the ADKAR model of change management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Strong ability and experience giving and receiving constructive feedback to grow teams in a positive way.
- Able to continuously seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and Agile mindset awareness with business
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Leadership/supervisory/management experience required.
- 2 years of work experience using Lean principles, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Standard Work, Cellular Flow, Mistake Proofing, and/or Total Productive Maintenance
Education and Experience Preferred
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in a continuous improvement field.
- Experience working with distributed teams and scaled agile environments.
- Experience in share piloted success stories with other coaches and in leadership forums.
- Experience in continuously incorporating learnings from working with teams into improving agile process model and training curriculum.