Title: IT Manager, Core Administrative Systems
Location: Orange, CA
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms), our Technology and Operations team is looking for the best and brightest leaders. Data and Technology drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
This position will play a key role in building and operating a cloud-based Core Administrative platform, applications and customer development pipelines using cloud technologies.
The IT Management position is responsible for leading the technology delivery for Alignment Healthcare’s Core Administrative systems. This includes systems and platforms that support key business functions including Enrollment, Referral and Payment systems. The position will play a key role in the day-to-day operations and project enhancements in a cloud-based application environment. This position reports to the VP, Information Technology. This role requires communicating effectively with all levels across the company and managing customer perceptions that build strong relationships throughout the company. This position facilitates ongoing collaboration with department leaders to develop optimal strategies that align with Alignment’s key goals and initiatives. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and an independent, detail-oriented team member that is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the core administrative systems. This role also requires familiarity with techniques that support monitoring and leading Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and SLA performance through various statistical and reporting methodologies.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Manages and leads the Technology and Operations Team which includes key functions such as MediCare Enrollment, Referral and Payment Systems.
- Leads developers for custom software development using the latest cloud development technologies.
- Oversight of application integration and workflow dependencies between various systems and departments.
- Works closely with department leadership to help manage the Intake Process designed to quantify, evaluate, prioritize, and measure financial return of both proposed and existing Projects. Includes ownership and integrity of Project cost models and benefits tracking and realization.
- Provides accurate and timely IT project status to EPMO and other company project managers as well as coordinate enterprise activities and scope.
- Manages service level performance for trading partners to the corresponding trading partner agreement.
- Develops and tracks Core Administrative key performance indicators (“KPIs”) that would be communicated internally and externally.
- Other projects as assigned.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Staff performance management.
- Staff recruiting and hiring.
- Vendor resource / Contract management.
This position requires hands-on, Health Care, Back-Office domain experience. The applicant must have demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic startup environment
- Experience of developing web based and Client-Server applications in .NET as Analyst, Business Analyst, Onsite Coordinator or Team Lead
- EZCAP, Facets, QNXT and other Core administrative systems.
- NET API Web Development
- Practical experience with one or more of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
Additional technical experience with Data Integration technologies with specific experience with the following:
- EDI related experience with BizTalk and Logic Apps platforms is a plus.
- Applicant should be familiar with HIPAA 5010 Transaction sets (834, 835, 837, 820, 270, 271, 276, 277, and 278) as well as Clinical HL7 (ADT, CCD, CDA, etc.) transaction sets.
- Microsoft Azure Certification
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience. Minimum 5+ years direct experience as a Information Technology Manager. Minimum 3+ years in healthcare operations or healthcare IT.
- Technology Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Any Leadership & Management Designation.
- Project management skills and training (PMP/PMI certification desired).
- Vendor management and/or clearing house relationship management.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.