The IT Manager manages all activities related to the local Plant IT by performing the below duties personally or through subordinates. Key areas of responsibility include infrastructure, manufacturing software, and business. This position will be a key member of the Plant Leadership Team with integral role in supporting the continuous improvement of the business and local plant culture. Work with local plant leadership to ensure corporate IT standards and policies are being followed. Communicates and coordinates network schedule, backups, and downtime to users. Manage provisioning of end user workstations/laptops based on Corporate standards. Maintain physical security of the local IT server room and IT equipment. Evaluates local area network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations. Provide support and training to users and supervisors on how to use production IT equipment and basic troubleshooting methods. Monitor and support all network connections and phone systems within the plant. Monitor daily backups and archive and purge historical backups in accordance with Corporate standards. Run daily applications to support production schedule builds - 866 processes and/or broadcast. Identify and respond to all exception and error reporting being provided by the manufacturing systems through to resolution. Maintain budget for plant related IT expenses. Stay abreast of the latest technology and remain highly technically competent at all levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage daily production IT activity
- Prepare plans for applications, physical infrastructure and the acquisition of the necessary resources to support these items and assure responsiveness of the plans relating to corporate objectives
- Organizes the third-party maintenance for network, hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Participates in budget planning, implementation, and monitoring for purchase and maintenance of hardware and software for the plant,
- Collaborates with the corporate infrastructure team to align plant IT goals and operations with corporate standards.
- Provides on-call support as needed - 24 by 7
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- Six (6) years of experience as an IT leader
- Six (6) years of experience with SQL Server database software
- Six (6) years of experience using Microsoft operating systems and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access); VMWare; Network Storage systems and other industry-based IT tools.
- Six (6) years of experience with networking, PC, RF, printing, server, and backup technologies to support troubleshooting efforts.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience with IT automotive systems, ERP such as Plex, Trans4M and plant floor applications and networks preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk to hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. No specific vision abilities are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position will have minimum exposure to weather conditions, and assembly area noise levels are moderate to loud.
Piston Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.