The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Voice Switch and Recording Program Office is made up of seven different programs related to the voice communication activities of Air Traffic Control. These programs range from the maintenance of Legacy equipment currently fielded across the United States to design of new systems and procurement of future equipment. The Network Engineer will be focused on supporting the FAA in modernizing existing air traffic control voice communications capabilities of the National Airspace System (NAS). The Network Engineer must analyze and assess technical solutions, designs, and requirements for effective planning and implementation. The Network Engineer will assist with establishing and conducting proof of concept tests for future voice communications solutions. The Network Engineer will interact with a team comprised of Noblis, Subcontractor, and FAA staff.
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field, plus 7 to 15 years of relevant experience.
- The candidate must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Linux system administration
- Network design (subnetting, redundancy, Quality of Service (QoS))
- Network implementation (configuration of industrial grade network equipment, integration of network equipment)
- Network troubleshooting (identifying and isolating network)
- Wide Area Network (WAN) technology experience (Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET)/(Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH), carrier ethernet)
- Testing software
- Implementing and integrating software packages
- Demonstrated experience designing, deploying, and integrating maintainable systems using Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) hardware and software
- The candidate should possess knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following domains:
- Knowledge of the Federal Aviation Administration
- Detailed knowledge of National Airspace System Voice Communications Systems
- Network engineering experience working FAA programs
- Demonstrated experience developing network specifications (e.g., defining packet structures, writing a Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Management Information Base (MIB)) for deployed systems)
- Desktop and server distributions, and embedded Linux
- Network certifications (e.g., CCNA and NRS) and practical or proven experience with examples
- Deriving requirements
- Designing software
- Automating software deployment
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
• Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope beyond current deliverable and actively share information about clients’ emerging support needs and trends with team members and management.
· Participate on proposals