The Galt House Hotel - A legendary destination among hotels in the city.
As Louisville’s only waterfront hotel, the Galt House Hotel is quite simply the best place to find a unique and authentic experience in our exciting city. Sip some bourbon while taking in spectacular views of the Ohio River. We are just a shot away from Whiskey Row, where you immerse yourself in the history of Kentucky’s native spirit. Explore world-renowned cultural encounters at nearby Museum Row, featuring icons such as Muhammad Ali and Louisville Slugger. Delight your palette with mouthwatering culinary tastings in our top-rated restaurant scene. The Galt House Hotel, the Heart of Louisville, is in the center of it all.
The Galt House Hotel is the place to meet for a totally self-contained meeting or event, priding ourselves on a warm, friendly atmosphere and sincerity of our service. Located in the heart of Louisville, we are within driving distance from half the US population and just 10 minutes from the airport. We offer six restaurants and lounges; 130,000 square feet of meeting space; 53 meeting rooms; over 1,300 guest rooms; the city’s best fitness center; and six retail outlets.
The Company is currently hiring a Network Support Technician who will be responsible for the network operations of the Al J. Schneider Company. This includes all activities related to infrastructure (design, implementation, and on-going maintenance), as well as end user support activities. This position will work both independently and as part of the larger Enterprise IT Operations team.
- Maintain facility infrastructure including design, installation, maintenance and support of servers, networking and phone equipment
- Assist in identifying, tracking and replacing PCs in accordance with the enterprise refresh strategy
- Define and maintain requirements for network wiring, wireless access points, switches, & phone equipment
- Support end user hardware and software issues as they pertain to the PCs and connected peripherals
- Participate in identifying specific monitoring requirements to achieve enterprise uptime/availability goals
- Diagram computer networks using software such as MS Visio, Word, Excel
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Pulling, labeling, installing computer networking cables
- Installing computer equipment into data center and closet racks
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Cisco and/or Mitel Unified Telephone system experience (preferred)
- Experience working with low voltage cable wiring and terminations (preferred)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Ability to quickly learn new systems / processes
- Desire to learn
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 50 pounds without assistance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Galt House Hotel offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401k, a complimentary meal in the associate cafeteria, complimentary parking and much more.
The Galt House Hotel is a Drug Free Workplace, creating a culture of care where diversity is welcomed.