• The IT On-Boarding Coordinator will facilitate activities at the point of candidate acceptance to the start date. This position will act as the primary point of contact and ensure a positive, smooth on-boarding process as it relates to IT set up. Responsible to ensure the newly hired or transferred employee has appropriate system access; will coordinate all facets of new hire systems set-up including: operational set-ups, technology connectivity, and issue tracking.
• Responsible for performing the on-boarding process for new or transferring employees by ensuring the hardware, phone, mobile devices, security and other processes needed for the employee to have a successful and productive start.
• Serve as coordinator to hiring managers in determining how the on-boarding processes are working. Identify and prioritize logistical needs and communicate recommendations to hiring manager to achieve greater efficiencies.
• Assist in the development and own the on-going improvement and expansion of the On- boarding Process. Drive modifications to enhance the end-to-end on-boarding lifecycle.
• Responsible for tracking, monitoring systems, and creating and analyzing reports for the On-boarding process, making recommendations for modifications and improvement.
• Participate in the Incident Management process in alignment with ITIL framework, integrating the On-boarding activities with event tracking in the Service Desk tool.
• Research and recommend industry best practices, and assist with the effort to make the Service Desk HDI (Help Desk Institute) certified.
• Continuously seek to improve quality of service delivery, taking into consideration manager coaching and customer feedback.
• Manage time and projects effectively along with the on-boarding process.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and assist with other tasks as needed.
• Two-year college degree with technical emphasis or equivalent work experience.
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• 4+ years experience in an enterprise IT environment working with ITIL Incident and Problem Management.
• Ability to think proactively, creatively, strategically, and independently.
• Ability to develop, implement, measure and improve repeatable IT processes.
• Strong understanding of business services and the capability to translate technical components and technical services into language that is understood by business partners.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships requiring a high level of poise, trust, and integrity.
• Strong relationship management skills Business Partners and third parties.
• Ability to raise process awareness and issues to executive leadership, engage leaders and stakeholders in understanding their roles in delivering Incident and Problem Management process
• Ability to work with multiple organizations and gain consensus on how processes should work.
• Demonstrated experience executing incidence management processes in alignment with ITIL framework.
• Self-starter and self-motivated to learn on own.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Four-year college degree
• ITIL Practitioner or Expert Certification
• Experience with IT service management software suites such as BMC Remedy, CA Service Desk Manager or HP Service Center.
• Experience with report generation using Crystal Reports, Business Objects, or similar.
• Linux, Microsoft and/or mainframe systems administration or programming experience.
• Experience with incident management, problem management, configuration management and change management processes.
• Logistics coordination experience.
For more than 20 years, York Solutions has been singularly focused on delivering value to its clients in the form of IT contract resource selection, deployment, and management.
Our mission is to provide creative, cutting-edge IT solutions to help companies achieve business, technology, and operational goals and objectives. We believe strongly in creating a true partnership approach with our clients and consultants that fosters a long-term, trust-based relationship.
York is committed to providing high-level service and value to our clients and consultants. In that vein, York Solutions has developed a peer-to-peer professional development association called “Think IT” that we are often told by members, is “second to none.” This association consists of well over 2,400 members in 7 different groups from the local IT leadership and technical community within the Twin Cities, as well as over 650 members in Chicago.
In addition to monthly group meetings encompassing all aspects of IT technical and leadership principles, members of Think IT Association are able to participate in a comprehensive mentorship program for all IT resources, from the highly technical to the most senior leadership talent. This program is designed to assist all levels of IT professionals in achieving their career goals.
York is committed to putting our clients and consultants first at all times. It is for that reason and that reason alone that we are considered as trusted advisors to both parties!