Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenshipand we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for managing IT operations including implementing IT policies, procedures and standards to ensure timely implementations and resolutions in alignment with the company objectives and goals.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Provide input for strategic IT planning, including technical guidance and application support for all locations, to ensure alignment with business needs
2. Create, implement and manage the IT Operations policies and processes for core services, including but not limited to Incident Management, Problem Management, Release and Deployment Management, to identify, remediate and resolve all operational incidents, within established service levels, to ensure optimal business benefit
3. Manage and develop the IT Operations team (help desk, Group IT Managers and application operations staff) to ensure efficient and effective operations and excellent customer service
4. Develop, communicate, and enforce company IT policies, standards and procedures, to the IT operations team, to ensure alignment and consistency
5. Manage the day-to-day operations of availability, performance, compliance and costs of applications and infrastructure in production, including support in the event of interruptions in service (restoration of service) and break/fix support in the event of outright service failures to meet availability, performance and communication commitments
6. Manage the coordination, setup, maintenance and/or teardowns of business/technology projects, with the IT Operations team, to realize project objectives
7. Manage user satisfaction requirements and oversee the management of application-specific production support processes, coordinating the involvement of business and/or IT development resources to resolve IT issues as necessary.
8. Implement IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices for service management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business.
9. Assist with the financials, (including budgeting, cost analysis and forecasting) for SLA’s, for each service, to ensure suitable investments are made
10. Provide guidance to Business Unit management to determine future IT needs at the location, enterprise initiatives, budgets, forecasts, licensing and asset rotation to ensure profitability and alignment with the company’s goals and objectives
11. Provide overall planning and coordination for service transition activities to ensure that new or changed services are built, tested, and deployed into production as per the business requirements, with minimum risk and impact to business services.
• Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field is required but may be substituted for over 10 years of progressive IT Operations experience
• 8+ years IT operations management experience in a large, multi-site business environment
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Experience in supporting various technologies, including but not limited to ERP, Oracle, Microsoft, SharePoint, Business Intelligence, hardware amp; network, cloud based applications, mobile devices and applications, desktop support and local applications
• Ability to learn new technologies and systems quickly.
• Proven ability to plan, forecast and manage financial budgets
• Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate
• Team player, with strong collaboration, presentation and influencing skills, who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
• Ability to influence, train, mentor and leverage the skills of others
• Proven business acumen including the ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
• Strong team building and facilitation skills that include bringing people together from various disciplines, experience, and geographies to work toward a common goal
• Ability to manage, direct, and provide guidance/leadership to staff in remote locations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by Company’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
• Travel, including overnight, required on an as needed basis
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the Samp;P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.Information TechnologyInformation TechnologyFull-time