Our healthcare client is actively looking for a Project Manager in Pleasanton, CA.
(Hiring manager is also open to candidates located in Pasadena, CA and Lake Oswego, OR)
** This is a contract-to-hire role available on a direct W2 **
This senior level employee is primarily responsible for leading project teams, staying on budget, identifying risks and issues, and leading on departmental or cross-functional teams.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience managing IT software development projects with a budget up to $15M.
• Good understanding of technology and business acumen in the Healthcare Membership systems.
• Working understanding of following technologies: SOA, Web Services, ETL, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Agile, waterfall methodology, Big Data, Dev Ops, web portal, mobile app development
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
• Excellent teamwork, strong customer services focus, excellent people and communication skills
• Demonstrated facilitation, collaboration, documentation, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated capability to work with both technical and business resources.
• Ability to work under pressure and in challenging setting. Must be assertive.
• Proven ability to present status and other project critical information to business executives
• Matches appropriate IT methods to identified client’s needs.
• Proficiency with MS Project
• Familiar with HIPPA and SOX Compliance.
• Membership and Medicare business domain knowledge preferred
• Working understanding of one or more of the following technologies: ETL, Data Warehouse, SOA, Web Services, Oracle 10g, XML
• PMP Certified.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178