The FULL-TIME IT Project Coordinator will be responsible for communicating and executing field IT projects while leading transitions of new business partners into the NADG environments. The role will require afterhours and weekend shifts to work with onsite 3rd parties, therefore, a strong technical aptitude and the ability to IT project multitask will be required. The IT Project Coordinator role will be responsible to finish every integration phase through its entirety to completion. There will also be alternative roles as well as it relates to larger field role out initiatives.
- Detailed hands on will be needed, therefore, knowledge of interconnecting networks, systems administration, architecture, and server technologies
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures
- Acting as the main point of contact for all requests between the office staff and 3rd party vendors.
- 3rd party vendor management during pre and post project and transitions will be needed to drive effective milestone dates
- Maximize productivity by setting clear expectations and proactively communicating project status, issues and risks to the Project Manager
- Ensure integrity and delivery of multiple projects with respect to time, budget, scope, change, risk and resources
- Must take ownership and act with a sense of urgency and commitment to resolve issues
- Detail orientated to ensure every step of an integration migration checklist is followed to deliver integration excellence
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change to enhance the integration change management processes
- Configure and deploy servers, desktops, laptops, peripherals, and other equipment to team members as designed
- Executing on configurations and processes while documenting all aspects per the created SOP’s (standard operating procedures)
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 1 to 2 years of project coordination experience
- Minimum of 3+ years’ of technical project experience in a fast-paced, highly interactive organization
- Must have strong technical skills and knowledge of windows 7 & 10 along with local area networks
- Experience in running larger projects in parallel to always deliver on milestones dates
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work efficiently and multi-tasking to meet project timelines
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-pasted environment.
We take pride in our ability to give our team members all the benefits they deserve. This is why we offer…
- A comprehensive benefits package including 401k
- 3 weeks of paid time off for full-time associates which increases up to 5 weeks as you grow in your career with us
- Constant opportunities for career growth and continuing education
- A professional and flexible atmosphere that allows for freedom and individuality – enabling our team to always strive to do what’s best for the patient
Ready to Join Our Team?
- Our team isn’t just looking for good members, we’re looking for the best of the best and are ready to welcome the perfect candidate to this position. NADG is constantly growing, and we want you to join us on our mission. Stop searching for jobs – apply today and start your career.
- If you are professional and organized yet outgoing, flexible, and energetic, you’ll fit right in.
- Our team is full of individuals with different skills and personalities, but each is willing to go the extra mile for our patients while communicating well with our team. If this sounds relatable, then there’s a spot for you at our practice. We’re excited to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.