We are seeking an organized and energetic project management implementation specialist to join our rapidly growing organization. The project management implementation specialist will work with the project management office and cross-functional teams to organize and implement new and exciting company projects. The project management implementation specialist will ensure project plans, including but not limited to, communication plans, timeframes and budgets for projects, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries are executed. The role is essential to the launching of new projects and the project management implementation specialist must be organized and professional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors current projects and ensures that all milestones are met
- Coordinates project tasks with departments and individuals
- Collaborates with individuals to create a communication plan and makes sure it is executed
- Confirms that project plans have appropriate checks and balances
- Ensures that any required approvals, assessments, sign-offs, communications, etc are completed prior to moving to next phase of the project
- Acts as a liaison between the PMO and departments/individuals
- Informs leadership of upcoming projects and provides status updates
- Ensures that any timeline changes or new information is communicated to stakeholders
- Assists in documenting a comprehensive timeline of all project implementation dates across Millennium and facilitating communication to Millennium leaders
- Conducts Quality Assurance
- Ensures project is closed properly and operationalized
- Ensure all project-related documentation is properly filed and a reference file is kept
- Works to improve the project management process
- Travel as needed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analysis/Problem AssessmentSecuring relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect
Coaching- Facilitating the development of other's knowledge and skills; providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
Compassion- The responsibility to put a patient's or person's interests first, including the duty not to harm, deliver proper care, and maintain confidentiality.
Compliance- Employee has satisfactory completed employers required compliance training. Employee is able to demonstrate an understanding of employers Code of Conduct.
Communication- Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including nonverbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Good listening skills.
Follow-up- Consistently maintaining a high activity or productivity level; sustaining long work hours.
Initiative- Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Practices self-development.
Integrity- Maintaining and promoting social, ethical, and organizational norms is conducting internal and external business activities.
Judgement/ Problem Solving- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
Maximizing Performance- Establishing performance/development goals, coaching performance, providing training, and evaluating performance.
Patient Service Orientation- Proactively developing patient/customer relations by making efforts to listen and understand the customer and their needs (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to patient/customer satisfaction. Ensures appropriate follow up and is their advocate in determining solutions. The employee uses a variety of communication techniques to effectively express thoughts and ideas and to understand or influence.
Planning and Organizing/ Work Management- Establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
Results Driven & Execution- Accountable for meeting or exceeding individual and/or department goals and objectives. Committed to producing results that will achieve company objectives. Sets priorities and organizes time to meet or exceed goals, follows up, and takes personal responsibility for results whether they are positive or negative.
Teamwork/Collaboration- Working effectively with team/work group or those outside formal line of authority (e.g., peers, senior managers) to accomplish organizational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organization or team. Listens to others and values opinions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Education:Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. PMI, PMP, or other Project Management Certification a plus.
Experience:Experience as a Project Management Coordinator or similar role preferred with at least 5 years' experience
- Ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational and planning skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Ability to comprehend how multiple project implementations align with a bigger picture of organizational change
- Understanding of change management techniques that facilitate project success
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive for results
- Enjoys taking on challenging, multi-faceted initiatives and coordinating stakeholder and team members in the pursuit of high quality, on time project delivery
- Understands the importance of building strong working relationships
- Proven track record of delivery
- Flexible and able to multitask on several different aspects of a project or on multiple projects
- Able to produce quality work with strict deadlines
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts, as necessary.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Hands-on experience with project management tools preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PMI, PMP, or other Project Management Certification a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate depending on business activity in the office.