The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
The IT Project Management Lead develops, coordinates and leads the implementation of IT initiatives and technical improvement efforts. Leads IT projects which includes coordinating activities, personnel and budget. Responsibilities are for one or more IT projects with varying complexity.
Project Managers with some IT experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates presenting greater years' experience may be considered for higher level job classifications for this position based on business need.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows defined IT project management processes, standards, and procedures. Provides process feedback supporting potential improvement opportunities.
- Leads project through the conceptual, requirements gathering, design, development, and implementation phases.
- Develops, writes, and communicates "Statement of Work" (SOWs) with purchasing and suppliers.
- Responsible for one or more IT projects.
- Develops and maintains all IT project-related documentation.
- Develops and communicates IT project plan, schedules, cost and progress.
- Determines staffing requirements /employee discipline(s) and forms IT project team(s).
- Provides continuing work direction and leadership to assigned team including, scheduling, assignment of work, and review of project work.
- Identifies and takes action to mitigate potential risks and issues and makes recommendations to management when escalation is required.
- Utilizes process improvement techniques such as six sigma tools and SEI-CMM processes.
- Assesses variances from the plan and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure project meets time, cost and quality objectives.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, customers, vendors and other key stakeholders.
- Works closely with customers and business analyst to assure expectations are being met throughout the project lifecycle. Assure customer accepts and is satisfied with final product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to \"stop\" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.