Metro IT Resources is seeking a Project Manager to lead strategic company projects.
Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Finance, or a similar field preferred. PMP Certification is preferable.
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools: Initiation, Planning: definition/scope/requirements,Development: project plans, resource allocations, deliverable, Q/A, transition planning, etc. Closing: completion and assessment.
- Manage and own project delivery within budget, scope, quality and time requirements.
- Ensures Resource Allocation and project tasks are assigned to project team.
- Risk & issues identification and management throughout the project.
- Monitors project progress, ensures deliverable are met, and communicates status to Sponsors.
- Create documentation for projects include plans, Gantt charts, resource plans, status reports, risk logs etc.
- Understands who the client is and what the client’s needs are; provides realistic expectations; establishes specific customer satisfaction standards and actively monitors client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills.
- Ensures open communication across project teams.
- Required >5 years’ experience leading and managing projects.
- Preferred knowledge in IT leadership roles.
- Typically managed one or more projects involving multiple functional areas and budgets over $250K.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Fluent in English and Spanish