IT Project Manager / Scrum Master – Financial Services
Location: Greater Hartford, CT area
Duration: 6+ Months Contract, possible RTH or Direct Hire
Must be eligible for W2 employment. No agencies or visas please.
Must be able to work on-site in the Greater Hartford, CT area.
The Project Manager / Scrum Master will be working as an Agile Project Manager within the Sales & Distribution area. This role requires an individual with significant experience in the Financial Services or Retirement Services domain, who is passionate about Agile, capable of managing complex and enterprise-wide project delivery including planning, directing and coordinating large strategic projects and mid-sized programs from initiation through to implementation.
- Ensures meeting outcomes are defined and achieved according to Scrum methodology.
- Partners with Product Owner to prioritize and right-size stories in the Product Backlog.
- Facilitates the team’s planning of the Sprint based on prioritized stories, team capacity and historical velocity trends.
- Facilitates decision making based on Agile values and principles.
- Supply accurate project estimates and tightly manage project budget, approved funding, forecasts and actuals.
- Mitigates risks that may destabilize the team.
- Ensured visibility of current work in progress by the team (stories and defects).
- Proactively anticipates, recognizes and detects items that may distract the team from completing the Sprint.
- Proactively anticipates and identifies blockers.
- Ensures that the goals of the Release and Sprint are visible and understood by the team.
- Build and foster an environment of trust.
- Diagnose, understand and facilitate team dynamics to optimize team performance.
- Provide solutions and continuous improvement opportunities to efficiently solve problems and provide critical thinking skills.
- Gain recognition as a trusted advisor / leader with customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization across business and IT.
- Understand, apply, promote and contribute to Agile delivery methodologies, standards and tools.
- 5-7+ years of Project Management experience.
- 2-4+ years of Agile project delivery experience, including familiarity with Scrum or Kanban.
- 1 year of Program Management experience.
- Must have significant Financial or Retirement Services background.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in ambiguity, capable of establishing growing functions and teams from the ground up.
- Action-oriented, driven, entrepreneurial mind set.
- Experience with managing vendor delivery and relationships.
- Scrum Master Certification
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
IT Project Manager