EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
EBSCO's, global Corporate IT team (CorpIT) has an key new opening for an IT Purchasing & Asset Manager within its business office. Sitting at EBSCO's HQ in Birmingham, the IT Purchasing & Asset manager is responsible for directing work responsibilities and guiding the purchasing team with a key focus on maintaining corporate purchasing standards, maintaining software compliance records, performing software licensing self-audits, managing external licensing audits, and ensuring compliance and performance of software agreements. The manager is responsible for understanding the purchasing function and software licensing models from software vendors such as Microsoft, VMWare, Adobe, etc. This position will be part of the Vendor Management team, possessing strong negotiating skills to ensure cost-effective acquisitions
- Manage purchasing team and provide oversight of assignments, workload, balance, and work review.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers, vendors & service providers.
- Monitor licenses for compliance with organizational needs and requirements, providing direction for corrective action.
- Develop and maintain techniques, practices, and procedures for license administration in a manner that best protects company interests.
- Compile and audit inventory of company software and related assets, tracking the corresponding licenses for internal and external audits.
- Monitor and analyze trends in IT spending to make recommendations for the future and identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimization.
- Advise and define software licensing models and agreements for management and stakeholders.
- Define standard hardware and software that support EBSCO businesses in collaboration with Corp IT Help Desk and business stakeholders.
- Maintain compliance of Corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, MIS, CS or similar field; relevant years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years' experience in an IT environment
- 2+ years’ experience in purchasing and/or procurement
- 1 + years experince with software licensing and software audits.
- 1 + years of small team (2-5 members) management
- IAITAM Software Asset Management certification
- 5 + years working with software licensing administration
- Strong familiarity and technical competence with license management software and/or purchasing systems, such as SNOW & ServiceNow.
- Solid working knowledge of software licensing models and agreements from Microsoft, VMware and Adobe, as well as other software manufacturers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment:Manager, Real Estate, Compliance, Procurement, Buyer, Management, Sales, Legal, Operations