Peak Performers is Austin's preferred staffing agency for contract and temporary positions with state of Texas government agencies. We are experiencing consistent growth and seek an IT Recruiting Coordinator to join our internal staff.
In business since 1994, Peak Performers is a nonprofit staffing firm that specializes in placing people who have chronic health conditions/disabilities in roles with the State of Texas, higher education institutions, and other government agencies. We are always recruiting for a wide range of roles including: Administrative Assistants, Customer Services Reps, Auditors, Accountants, Program Specialists, Contract Specialists, and experienced IT professionals including Developer Analysts, Project Managers, Database and Big Data professionals, Network Engineers, Help Desk Specialists, and Business Systems Analysts. Our objective is to provide highly qualified candidates to our clients within as short of a timeframe as possible. As a nonprofit, this includes giving priority to candidates who have chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities.
As IT Recruiting Coordinator under the direction of our IT Staffing Consultants, you will focus on:
- Posting jobs to our website and job boards;
- Sourcing qualified candidates (from job boards, social media, referral network, etc.);
- Communicating with qualified job candidates to keep them engaged throughout the hiring process;
- Preparing role-optimized resumes to be sent to hiring managers;
- Coaching applicants on resume writing and interview preparation;
- Maintaining accurate, complete, and compliant records in our ATS;
- Screening applicants for availability, compensation requirements, professional skill level, and ADAAA disability;
- Attending local IT-specific recruiting events;
- Providing administrative support to our IT Staffing Consultants.
- Enthusiasm for sourcing, identifying, and engaging qualified job candidates throughout the hiring process.
- 1+ year of professional experience in the principles and practices of human resources management. This may include human resources programs in areas such as employment, compensation, job classification, employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, or organizational development. This includes familiarity with federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing personnel activities.
- 1+ year of experience working with a recruiter, staffing consultant, and/or hiring manager to source and screen applicants for open positions. Strong preference for candidates with this experience in an IT organization or working with IT roles.
- Experience using a variety of software applications including Human Resource Information Systems and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Demonstrated ability to explain policies and procedures to staff and the public; to maintain confidential and sensitive information; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, and the general public.
- Experience with multi-tasking while producing high quality work product and meeting deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience working successfully as a member of a cohesive team.
- Ability to master new technologies quickly and eagerly.
- A strong interest in Information Technology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment while managing multiple concurrent deadlines
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Compensation: $20.00/hr to start with increase to $25.00/hr after 60 days of success in the role.
Work location: On-site at 4616 Triangle Ave, Suite 405, Austin, TX 78751
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM, 40 hrs/week, non-exempt
Additional details: We pay weekly through direct deposit and offer ACA compliant health insurance at 60 days.
What’s it like to be a member of the Peak Performers team?
- Positivity - We pride ourselves in providing a light and happy work environment where laughter is encouraged. We strive to maintain a positive outlook when facing challenges.
- Creativity - All ideas are welcome! We routinely collaborate on ways to improve existing processes and achieve the next level of growth.
- Compassion - We approach each other and our temporary employees with compassion and kindness. We are genuinely dedicated to our company mission.
- Trust - We hire qualified people, give them the tools they need to be successful, and then give them room to achieve that success. We trust our team to get the job done well.
- Teamwork - We set goals together and we reach goals together. We have each other’s’ back when help is needed. We are a work family--and our staff tenure is the living proof!
- Fun - We believe in enjoying work! Our staff members organize special events, potluck lunches; attend trade shows and benefit events, and much more!
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
$20.00 - $0.00 /hour