Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads high-level planning sessions with the project team
- Coordinates projects, consisting of multiple EPICs and Features, of varying sizes.
- Consistently mitigates program risks and optimizes resources and program effectiveness.
- Demonstrates Agile best practices
- Delivery commitments are met consistently and aligned with targeted program outcomes
- Relationships within project teams, and with cross-functional teams, are highly engaged and collaborative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active Scrum master for 1-2 scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
- Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog refined
- Ensure cross-team/cross-train coordination
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
- Maintain relevant metrics to track the team progress and use them to coach for achieving higher maturity level
- Manage dependencies between our team and other scrum teams
- The position will support many project teams and be able to clearly communicate project objectives. Collaborates with senior leadership to ensure IT strategic investment aligns with business strategy and drives operating results
- Works on complex, broad reaching programs where analysis of data requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Self-management expected
- Normally receives little instruction on work assignments. Must be able to influence stakeholders.
- Ability to proactively identify impediments, remove roadblocks and escalate to senior management when needed.
- Extensive program management experience. Demonstrated ability to manage governance, budgets, infrastructure and resources. Experience leading change, influencing and managing in a matrix environment.
- Technical Skills:
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Certified scrum master/scrum practitioner - Multiple years' experience working with an agile methodology during a large scale, complex new development project for a large enterprise
- Knowledge and/or experience of Data is an added plus
- Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form
- Excellent team player and team builder
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
- Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
- Specific experience with development of accounting, finance, billing, and/or other financial systems strongly preferred.
- Servant Leader -- Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Communicative and social -- Must be able to communicate well with teams
- Facilitative -- Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Assertive -- Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to,
- must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Situationally Aware -- Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic -- Must be high-energy
- Continual improvement -- Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Conflict resolution -- Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment -- Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency -- Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- 3 years experience as a Scrum Master
- 10+ years of experience and BA/BS Degree.