- Candidate must meet all requirements within the Knowledge and Abilities section
- No Travel is required – candidate must work out of the site for which the candidate is being considered. No Remote contractors
- Contract at this time, but could have the possibility of turning temp-to-hire for the right candidate
- Interview process - (in depth phone interviews will be with HM) will be based on capability and emotional intelligence. More emphasis on emotional intelligence. Will be asking about Hypothetical situations, as well as realistic and what possible resolution the candidate can bring to the table.
- No subcontractors at this time
- Please avoid candidates that are listed as Project Managers, really looking for the Scrum Master titles/hands on experience
- Would prefer local candidates to the site recruiting for
Job Profile Summary
The Sr. Scrum Master conducts all agile ceremonies within a development team from daily stand-up to sprint retrospective. Within these ceremonies, the Sr. Scrum Master promotes a culture of continuous improvement by mitigating team impediments, seeking productivity improvements, and empowering others. The Sr. Scrum Master is responsible for growing team maturity and escalating impediments and other team/individual observations to the engineering manager/director.
SCOPE OF JOB
Your role will be as servant leader for 2 – 3 scrum teams currently operating within the Agile framework. Leads development teams through more complex situations. May lead teams that are less mature, in order to increase and grow scrum maturity. Works independently and represents scrum masters across the organization. Guides teams through completion of milestones associated with the most complex/critical/valuable products. Use quantitative metrics and qualitative insights to Client and highlight for the team cause for celebration and opportunities for continuous improvement. Other responsibilities may include but not limited to:
• Mastery of Agile practices, principles & methodologies
• Advocate agile across the organization
• Contribute to agile growth of the organization
• May participate in the hiring process of scrum masters
• Begin tackling organizational impediments
• Become a leader of peers
• Mentor G & H level scrum masters
• Comfortable opposing anti-patterns
• Strong collaboration with leadership groups (CTPOs, Directors, Sr. Mangers, Architects)
• Willingness to have a director level or higher as a mentor
• Participate in cross-departmental efforts
• JIRA & Confluence expert
• Able to teach Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, XP
• Can start and facilitate Scrum of Scrums
• Leads initiatives within the community of practice
Knowledge and Abilities:
• BA/BS Degree (or equivalent experience)
• At least 8 – 12 years’ experience as a scrum master for multiple scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations/cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.).
• Skilled and knowledgeable of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment of others, and transparency.
• Experience applying numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
• Ability to work in other frameworks beyond scrum (such as Kanban, XP).
• High emotional intelligence.
• Track record of continued and recent education in scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, and self-study. Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques (user stores, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, agile games.
• Previous leadership experience a plus; including excellent teaching, coaching and mentoring skills.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) – active preferred and or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) – active preferred
331 Newman Springs Road Bldg. 3, 2nd floor, Suite 350
Red Bank, NJ 07701