About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
IT Security Administrator - Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Main Objective: Provide daily operational stability by managing Security of Production Applications for a large company wide user base of approximately 30,000 plus users
- Review and analyze incoming security access requests, ensuring the requested access is appropriate per security guidelines and job responsibilities of the end-user.
- Administer security on 90+ production environments: Assign user ID's according to naming standard. Add, Modify, and Delete User ID's in conjunction with New User requests, access/name change requests, and removal requests.
- Add, modify, and delete rights to AS400 security tables within each production application as needed.
- Utilize security administration skills and application knowledge to provide 2nd level and end user support related to application security in a multi-processing environment. Troubleshoot, resolve, or escalate security-related issues accordingly as assigned within Remedy, and also via email, chat, and phone. Apply Root Cause Analysis to problem areas in order to improve Business processes; including contacting other IT teams as needed until the issue is resolved.
- Assist in documenting all Security related processes and procedures.
- Provide end users with Application log-on information upon completion of security access requests.
- Extend contractor account expiration dates and remove inactive accounts from all systems as needed.
- Maintain excellent working relations with all business owners’ vendors by organizing or participating in meeting for various security projects, new procedures, and problem resolutions or temporary work-arounds.
- Work with Human Resources to identify employment status changes, including the removal of all production access accordingly.
Requirements and Specific Competencies:
- System administration experience Windows Active Directory
- Proficiency in Windows server environment.
- Knowledge of AS400 administration.
- Knowledge of Outlook in an Exchange environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a team member in a self-directed, extremely fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple and diverse requests.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to learn new, complex applications quickly.
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Provide on-call support as scheduled.
Minimum Required Education: · AAS or BS in related field · Equivalent experience accepted
Preferred Education: Windows Server Administration