At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at rjet.com
Manages, monitors and maintains all related Information Security systems. Reviews, recommends, configures and implements Information Security solutions for the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs complex daily administration of information security hardware and software such as intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, firewalls, encryption, anti-virus, log reviews and other software or appliances.
- Handles and escalates all security related issues to Management.
- Identifies, highlights, and provides security recommendations during requirement and design reviews.
- Performs daily operational monitoring of the SIEM environment including, events, tickets, and interaction with managed services provider.
- Works with Splunk managed services provider to deliver new content or tune existing content used in correlation of notable events.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Performs security investigations and works closely with incident response coordinator.
- Collaborates with IT teams members to resolve any security related issues.
- Creates security metrics and performs monitoring and alerting around threats and compromise
- Maintains the security infrastructure by employing best industry practices.
- Performs tests of computer systems to monitor effectiveness of security systems.
- Analyzes information security threats, requests and audit findings. Develops solutions to resolve issues and/or findings.
- Partners with end-users to understand and adhere to information security policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with external vendors and partners as necessary to resolve issues/incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Specialty training beyond high school in Information Security Technology, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years related information security and/or IT networking experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Information Technology.
- At least 7 years related Information Security and/or IT networking experience.
- Certification in GSEC, CCNA/NP/DA, any SANS Certification and/or CISSP.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight stays.