About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
IT Security Engineer - Job Description
Engineer - IT Security will audit and document IT security policies, compliance, analyze the effectiveness of IT controls such as change management processes and user provisioning lifecycles. The engineer will be the subject matter expert on security policies and enforcement. The analyst will also assist with risk mitigation, policy development and enhancement.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in an annual Security Policy review for Executive signoff.
- Lead the development and maintenance of IT Security Policies and Standards
- Act as subject matter expert of Polices and Standards
- Align policies and standards with NIST Framework
- Identify gaps in existing polices and adjust to meet the needs of the business as well as align with industry standards
- Work closely with peer security groups to understand, identify and document policy exceptions and track remediation
- Participate in new and existing projects to ensure alignment with current policies
- Communicate to Sr leadership the impact of policies as they relate to the overall security goals and objectives of the company
- Educate Frontier employees about Frontier’s Security Standards and Policies.
Education / Experience:
- Demonstrated proficiency with NIST Cybersecurity Frameworks
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Network Security, Cloud, Operating systems and applications
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and multi-task on several projects
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in security policy development and enhancement
- 4 year degree in related field preferred
- Security certifications such as CISSP preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft O365