IT Security Operations Engineer
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) – located on the Fairfax, Va., campus—invites applications for an IT SECURITY OPERATIONS ENGINEER position within the IT Security group. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Assists in supporting systems (hardware and operating systems), applications and processes that are critical to the operations of the IT Security Office
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Enterprise Linux Servers and security applications
- Participate in threat analysis and incident response when needed
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-user computer systems in an enterprise environment;
- Demonstrated experience as Linux System Administrator;
- Experience with a programming / scripting language; and
- Good working knowledge of Ethernet and TCP/IP networking and associated IP and application protocols reflected by related coursework in Networking technologies or professional experience and/or Networking certifications.
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tool (e.g. Puppet, Ansible or Chef);
- Experience with Linux systems hardening;
- CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 experience;
- Python experience;
- Hypervisor administration experience; and
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred: CISSP, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, GIAC certifications, RHCE.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02843z at https://jobs.gmu.edu ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/6c5zb4s2hz7nrb53