GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
In the role of Sr. IT Analyst for HR and Payroll, you will be responsible for developing and implementing multiple IT initiatives for your HRIS and Payroll business partners. You will apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering, design, configuration and testing. As a thought leader you are expected to stay up to date on SAP and Success factors functionality and advancements and make recommendations regarding improvements. You will be responsible for SAP ECC and payroll functionality including both existing functionality and future enhancements. You will be responsible for the functional design and testing of interfaces between Success factors, SAP and third party applications.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Requirements definition and management – Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions in new or changed processes.
- Application Support – Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Configuration Management – Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the configuration items.
- Incident Management – Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Development Testing – Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Reviews test results and provide reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Relationship Management - Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Change Management - Assesses analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Develops business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving benefits through development of new or changed processes and associated business risks.
- Partner with HRIS (HR Information system) and Payroll business partners, System Integrators, business and IT cross functional teams for deploying the solutions and creates, maintains documentation such as functional specifications, process flows in HR and Payroll area
- Develops procedures and documentation for applications support and integration of ADP Payroll and Success factors with external systems
- Coordinates and manages planning of the system tests and acceptance tests within a development project. Manages partner relationships with respect to all testing.
- Manages the prioritization and diagnosis of incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution. Manages the escalation of unresolved incidents.
- Interacts with business units to formulate a project's scope and objectives to meet the business need. Leads scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives. Ensures formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements. Manages requests for changes and the application of changes to agreed scope.
- Define and promote processes, policies, standards and procedures to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies.
- Develop and maintain artifacts in the Architecture Library.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and market trends within the retail space and makes recommendations to align with the business strategic initiatives.
- Functional configuration and SME responsibility for HR and Payroll areas
- Work closely with key business partners and cross functional areas during entire lifecycle of the project
- 5 + years hands on experience in implementing HR and Payroll Applications
- Experience with SAP HR, Success factors and integrating these applications with external systems is a strong Plus
- Any experience in implementing Application tracking system, benefits management etc is a huge plus
- Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer Service/relationship focus
- Strong communications (written and verbal), customer focus skills required.
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Normal office demands