IT Senior Manager, Sales/Trade
- Lakeville, MA, USA
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative’s cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our colleagues are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative and passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can Grow, Own, Live and Drive your career every day, Ocean Spray is for you!
The Sales SRM & Trade Tech Senior Manager (Sales & Trade TPP) is accountable for the design, support, and delivery for the products that serve our global sales, revenue management and trade business functions. This strategic role has the opportunity to work directly in our business functions to understand business processes and opportunities where Tech products can drive the function forward for productivity, efficiency, and growth. The role is critical to the overall business strategy and Tech execution. The role will interface with senior leaders across our business to build a vision and business case for change.
This role embraces modern Tech thinking and blends traditional IT business partnership with technical domain expertise to drive strategic roadmaps and iterative design of the product, showing value often and relevant. The Sales & Trade TPP will determine the dev/ops POD team work and create the demand for sprints throughout the product lifecycle. The Sales & Trade TPP will work with strategic partners and startups to define and test, learn and fail through Proof of Concepts so long as clear alignment with business strategy and key measures are defined.
To be clear, we do not want to just apply standard CPG vendor solutions to our world and want to push the envelope with new emerging players and partners. You will have the opportunity to lead the way with more innovative solutions and act with speed.
The Sales & Trade TPP role is required to work with both the business function leadership teams and peers within Tech group to create and define the strategic functional roadmaps. Analysis and understanding of external trends and solutions is required to ensure the right products are chosen and developed to match business strategies and requirements.
The partner must act with an Enterprise hat and be an ambassador to promote cross functional technologies to the business customers and identify opportunities outside of functional domain expertise back to the Tech Leadership Team. As a member of the Strategic Product team you will be expected to be highly collaborative, creative, and curious to ensure the entire Product team are sharing best practices and winning together as one Tech Team
The position is located at our Corporate office in Lakeville, MA. Relocation assistance is available.
A Day in the Life of Sales & Trade Tech Product Owner:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Sales, SRM/Trade Tech roadmaps and accountable for the execution and success of Product launches
- Responsible for function tech budget and delivery
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources
- Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio within the Sales & Trade business processes
- Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization
- Identify, screen, and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) customer needs
- Partner with key staff members to create strategic business plans
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company
- Participate in Tech Governance Board representing the Sales, SRM and Trade
- Act as the liaison with transactional counterpart of outsource vendor for scheduling business unit work and champion success
What We Are Looking For:
Formal Education & Certification
- Undergraduate degree in Business, IT, Operations. Computer Science preferable
- MBA and/or professional qualifications related to function domain highly desirable
Knowledge & Experience
- Two or more years project management experience and five or more years of experience in sales and trade domain preferably within CPG/Retail industry
- Experience utilizing DevOps methodologies and enabling platforms, values, and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in creating business case for change
- In-depth knowledge of testing practices and techniques
- Understanding of organization’s development platform and languages
- Experience in Design Thinking methodology
- External connections and contacts in sales, trade, and CPG areas
- Personal Attributes
- Strategic mindset, challenger and influencer
- Excellent, all-round communicator
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated
- Team-player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Collaborative in driving decisions
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Up to 15% travel.
- Role based in Lakeville, MA with the option to flex some days/meetings in Boston Office.
- ½ Day Fridays in the Summer
- Onsite Fitness Center & Classes
- ManiPro, Dry Cleaning, Zippity Car Service, Onsite Dental Cleanings and many more…
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, as well as individuals with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines