IT Service Delivery Rep Mid (Government) - 1902241
DescriptionThis position’s primary role will be a Field Services Mid-Level Network Technician servicing a large scale Enterprise network. You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention
Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators.
- As a Mid-Level Technician you will be expected to install and maintain network devices at the site and work with the NOC
technicians and Managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues.
- You will be responsible to create tickets for maintenance using HPE Service Manager.
- Candidates will be expected to understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed.
- Take Direction from the Regional Leader and Site Leaders
QualificationsThe successful candidate will be an innovative technical professional, customer service oriented, and knowledgeable engineer in the field of Ethernet and IP data engineering with 4 plus years’ experience as a Network Technician.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required.
- Experience must include operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a Plus. Knowledge and experience working with
wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and
associated technologies is highly desirable.
- You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers.
- Some Travel will be required
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial
spirit, strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever changing
- Strong customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.
- A good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and Cisco devices are a Plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required.
Education: A Background Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable. Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered. Cisco CCNA and Security+ required. ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable.
Skills: The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a
fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Strong customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability. A good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and Cisco devices are a Plus.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required.
Must be a US Citizen and possess Secret Clearance
Job Field - Government Services - Sales Service
Primary Location - California-San Diego
Schedule - Full-time Shift - Day Job
Employee Status - Regular
Job Posting : Mar 8, 2019, 5:00:00 AM - Unposting Date : Mar 29, 2019, 4:00:00 AM
Job Level - Associate/First Level Manager