IT Site Support Specialist
Augusta, GA, US, 30906
Sitel is seeking an IT Site Support Specialist to join our fast-paced, dynamic, and team-focused Global IT team and support the call-center site inAugusta, Georgia.
As an IT Site Support Specialist you will provide first and second level support for desktop computer systems under the guidance of the Regional Site Support Manager.
Sitel is a leading global outsourcing provider of customer experience management. We collaborate with some of the best-known global brands to harness the industry’s digital transformation and help consistently deliver outstanding customer experiences. With more than 30 years of industry-leading experience, our 75,000 passionate and talented associates support more than 400 clients in 48 languages from 150 offices strategically located in 24 countries.
Guided by our values, we encourage our people to Be Bold, Work Together, Build Trust and Wow Customers. Within the customer experience management industry, we believe innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our clients achieve their goals. Together, we are redefining the way brands connect with their customers – one experience at a time.
- Completes and manages all Site IT tickets in their queue within the appropriate SLA’s.
- Install and configure PCs and other hardware peripherals, operating systems, telephones, network equipment and software applications (including mass deployments), with additional coaching / mentoring from their manager and/or technical lead on the items needed to complete successfully.
- Handle problem resolution, address user work requests through appropriate corporate systems, including providing answers to questions and resolving problems for clients in person, via phone or from a remote location. Document activities related to fulfillment of requests. Work closely with Global Site Services for desktop images, set up, troubleshooting, etc.
- Provides IT technical support for their specific site, and is responsible for its functionality, maintenance, software applications, hardware and the security of all data. Fulfills all audit requests for IT data at the site, along with assisting with all IT audits, which may be for their site and/or client within their site.
- On call 24x7 and attends incident bridges and supplies pertinent data, as needed. Until Sitel experience is built up may need to bring in manager and/or technical IT lead to assist virtually.
- Hands-on role maintaining the functions of the site, and be remote-hands support for Network, Telephone, Server, QA and application engineers to ensure high system uptime and end user satisfaction in a call center environment.
- Support facility’s LAN, WAN and internet connection; maintaining the network hardware and software; configuration (in conjunction with the Global IT Support Teams); maintenance and upgrading all site servers; monitoring (in conjunction with the Global IT Support teams), as needed.
- Ensures appropriate IT Change Requests are submitted for any local IT changes, and will confirm with IT Technical lead that all IT changes for Site IT are written appropriately. Provides first level support for end users and clients as necessary.
- Works with servers, workstations and printers on the network and in standalone environments.
- Maintains records and documentation concerning the desktop set up, network, server and LAN/WAN configurations, and all other documentation needed for audits This includes system, audit documentation, site set up documentation, and network monitoring and performance analysis.
- Occasional need to work outside normal business hours in order to participate in changes to Network, Telecom, Engineering, QA and Desktop Systems, and to support end-user testing during the change windows for the campaigns, clients, customers and users served by the site.
- Experienced in troubleshooting PC/Laptop hardware and software issues; customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office; LAN and WAN networking skills needed for connectivity troubleshooting; knowledge of tape backup and restore procedures and applications, knowledge of Microsoft Update/patching procedures and tools, anti-virus procedures and application knowledge necessary; SCCM PC deployment and updating knowledge is desired.
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems including Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Ability to take initiatives with minimum direction; team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment which changes to meet client needs.
- 2 or more years experience in a similar capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education and Certifications:
- AAS in Computer Science is desired or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MCSE preferred
IT Site Support Specialist
Nearest Major Market: Augusta
Job Segment:Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Computer Science, Testing, Technology, Engineering