IT Asset Manager – Phoenix, AZ
This person is responsible for administration and negotiation of software acquisitions, compliance, maintenance and license renewals and associated budget and forecasting. Assist with the development of enterprise-wide IT purchasing standards and procedures. Manages entitlement records and license/maintenance agreements.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or related field and 5 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience. Requires strong technical knowledge within a job area or system and basic knowledge across related technical areas
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications:
Software Asset Manager Certification
Advanced knowledge of digital technology asset life cycle management processes and supporting tools and services
Knowledge of IT applications, operations, service and support organizations; Data processing, analysis and quality management tools
Understanding of IT business continuity, cybersecurity, integrated risk management and optimization methodologies is highly desirable, along with knowledge of IT management.
Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
Financial and Budget Acumen
1) Directly contributes to the establishment and implementation of hardware and software acquisition, protection, maintenance and retention policies, standards and procedures aligned with IT standards and strategy
2) Investigates hardware and software products of a complex nature; evaluates and recommends products based on available metrics, intended usage and financial impact
3) Coordinates with the procurement function to interview, select and negotiate with hardware and software vendors in order to purchase the appropriate items at the lowest cost 4) Gather complex data on, and provide analysis of, activities that have an impact on the value, cost and risk of technology assets including budgeting and forecasting
5) Ensure accurate and timely reporting, and that data completeness and quality issues are quickly identified and escalated to the responsible data or process owners
6) Identify and report on compliance to IT Asset Management policies, recommend and track remedial action
7) May provide guidance and assistance to other employees.