W2 contract: 3 months
Required industry experience:
- 10 years in IT
- 7 years of solution architecture and project implementation experience using SAP
- Expert in the solution architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices Required technical experience
- Process design, information modeling and / or system solution architecture development with project or portfolio focus in at least one of the following: Application Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Information Architecture, Data Management, Security, or Infrastructure technologies
- Extensive experience designing and architecting complex SAP solutions with one or more of the following SAP modules: Finance (FI/CO), Payroll, Business Process Consolidation(BPC),Human Capital Management (HCM), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Project Systems (PS), Project Portfolio Management (PPM), Environmental Health and Safety(EH&S), Work Management(WM),Material Management(MM), eRecruitStrong experience designing and architecting complex SAP solutions with one or more of the following SAP modules: Finance (FI/CO), Payroll, Business Process Consolidation(BPC),Human Capital Management (HCM), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Project Systems (PS), Project Portfolio Management (PPM), Environmental Health and Safety(EH&S), Work Management(WM), Material Management(MM), eRecruit
- Operational support for applications, systems, or infrastructure
- Experience with enterprise architecture tools
- Experience providing direction to design and engineering staff
- Experience providing direction to one or more architects Required functional experience
- Ability to engage and collaborate with IT and business leadership. Demonstrates thought leadership in area of expertise
- Clear and concise communications skills
- Influence outcomes through expertise and analysis
- Excellent stakeholder interaction; collaborative, able to work cross-functionally; possessing the ability to forge relationships and partner effectively
- Customer focus; Able to engage and influence partners to develop the best solutions
- Own the outcome; Able to manage expectations; strive for overall IT success; take the initiative; administrative excellence;
- Great insights and judgment skills; courage to share unpopular viewpoints; comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to apply multi-disciplinary approach to develop best-of-breed portfolio solutions Required education and certifications
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, Zachman, DODAF, etc)
- Security Certification (CISSP, etc) (depending upon specific role)
- IT Delivery Certification (ITILv3, etc) (depending upon specific role) Additional requirements
- Experience with SAP SaaS applications, e.g. Ariba, HANA, SuccessFactors
Job Description: The Solution Architecture (SA) leads all technical aspects of an Information Technology project. The Solution Architect uses expertise in multiple technical areas to document the technology solutions that meet the business needs of company. The technical documents ensure requirements are met in an efficient, sustainable and adaptable manner. The Solutions Architect operates across organizational and computing areas driving efficient, standards-based architecture supporting company's business goals. The Solutions Architect delivers solution blueprints that include the conceptual, logical and physical layers of the process, application, information, integration, security, and infrastructure views of the architecture. Partnering with Project and Program Managers, the Solutions Architect is the primary technical decision makers on projects. Overall risk mitigation and total cost of ownership are managed from an enterprise standpoint. Senior Solution Architects have accountability and responsibility for solutions that are of complex scope and with significant risk and high impact across multiple functions. They work autonomously. They address complex problems that span functions and may manage projects or initiatives that are high complexity and risk. They provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to non-architect technical staff of lesser experience.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Solution Design and Road mapping: Works in partnership with a project manager to orchestrate the architecture design and is accountable for the overall technical quality of solutions. Follows the IT Methodology, producing, contributing to and providing signoffs on deliverables as defined.
- Future State Planning and Road mapping: Works with Business Architects and Technology Architects to contribute to planning and road mapping activities.
- Standards and Governance: Participates in the governance processes as defined by the company architecture practice.
- Capabilities Assessment and Technology Oversight: Partners with the Technical Architects in the health evaluation of the technology within the architect’s focus area and assists in the development of improvement plans for their area of focus
- Architecture Practice: Follows the company Architecture Practice. Leads communities within the practice. Mentors other architects.