Title: IT Specialist, Journeyman
Location: Hill, AFB
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Odyssey Systems is seeking candidates for IT Specialist supporting AFLCMC/STAFF.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- AFLCMC/IN IT Specialist support works within SCIFs supporting DoD agencies, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), HQ USAF, and AFLCMC efforts.
- Provide day-to-day support for collateral, SCI, NIPRNet, SIPRNet, and JWICS activities. JWICS IT security services shall include information assurance and technical security for information systems, IT network administration and support, and Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)/Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) support.
- JWICS IT security includes, but is not limited to, personnel security, security administration, general administration, and document/media control. Duties may require travel within the organizational geographic area of responsibility.
- IT Specialist personnel must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Perform COMSEC duties.
- Provide IT security business process improvements, enabling better services while realizing efficiencies.
- Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and web/data application services.
- Maintain DoD and AF internet applications and protocols including but not limited to Internet Protocol (IP), Trusted Computing Protocol (TCP), Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Secure Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTPS), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Maintain file servers, firewalls, network access, security monitoring systems, and system documentation as required.
- Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolve problems.
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes.
- Perform scheduled backups on systems as required. The Contractor shall manage the data backup library to include storage of tapes, disks and other magnetic media at the customer’s location and off-site storage facilities as required.
- Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, program managers/analysts and customers as required.
- Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests and inspections.
- Provide technical guidance, technical leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for AFLCMC/IN team members.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of current and older AF standard operating systems and server hardware/software including but not limited to: Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2007 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Windows 7/XP/Vista operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
- Apply working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and data backup technologies to include COMSEC integration to maintain system operations.
- Have a working knowledge of JAFAN 6/0, DCID/JAFAN 6/3, DCID/JAFAN 6/9, and Joint DODIIS/Cryptologic SCI Information Systems Security Standards, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to certification and accreditation (C&A).
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents.
- Able to work successfully in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners.
- Provide assistance with the acquisition and sustainment of IT systems for the weapon systems, subsystems, components and equipment.
- Provide assistance with the acquisition and sustainment of IT equipment and software that will ensure contracting training content, presentation capabilities, and facilities are handicapped-accessible and responsive to the needs of the hearing or sight- impaired.
- Assist with the security accreditation process; the Net-Centric Operations (NCO) and Warfare Reference Model (WRM), the preparation of Information Support Plans (ISPs); Information Assurance (IA), network centric, and global grid interoperability requirements; Clinger-Cohen reporting requirements, and other information technology certification processes such as the Network Readiness Assessment (NRA).
- Assist in the operation of the necessary IT systems to ensure standardized file structures and seamless file sharing to execute daily interactions with the SIO, SSO and Staff, as well as the Directorate senior staff.
- Advise and assist in the development of System Security Management Plans, PPPs, Security Risk Analyses, Operations Security (OPSEC) Plans, Computer Certification and Accreditation, Security Vulnerability Analyses, Security Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), and other system security documents identified in MIL-HDBK 1785, DODI 5000.02 and AF Supplement 1.
- TS/SCI with current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- US Citizenship
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technical Level Two within six months of the date of hire
- BA/BS and at least 3 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline OR, 7 years of directly related experience with proper certifications
- Hill AFB
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.