Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website, connect with us on LinkedIn, or follow us on Twitter.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Specialist to join our team.
- Applies specialized knowledge in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering or legacy evolution.
- Applies specialization to conceptualize, design, construct, test and implement portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Interacts with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context and organizational strategic direction. Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Collects, identifies, defines and organizes detailed user and information technology requirements.
- Coordinates and collaborates with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Confirms and prioritizes project plans and deliverables with the customer.
- Participates in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancement and conversions.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and or technical problems.
- Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria. Prepares system documentation.
- Establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents. Participates in special studies.
- Stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Assists information engineers on application of specialized knowledge to coding, testing, implementation and documentation projects.
- Four to nine (4-9) years of related experience in information systems.
- Excellent customer service/customer interaction skills
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills for trouble-shooting and trouble ticket handling
- Valid DoD 8570: A+ Certification (could accept Network +, Security +, or CISSP). If expiration date of Certification is less than 60 days from hire date, must provide a CompTIA report showing candidate has at least 75% of required CE Units needed to renew cert on file with CompTIA. Please attach your 8570 certification and CompTIA CE report showing CE Units if cert is expiring within 60 days when applying.When applying, please upload a copy of your certification(s).
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- NMCI experience or knowledge
Education:High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Joint Base Andrews, MD
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.