ECS is seeking a IT Subject Matter Expert to work in our Ft. Meade, MD office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Provides expert support, analysis and research into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter, with minimal directions.
- Serves as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives.
- Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 10 years of experience
- DoD Active Secret clearance
- Proven expertise in a particular area of Information Technology (e.g., Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network Systems Management), or a specific functional area (e.g., finance, logistics, and operations research).
- Proven experience in defining IT system requirements, recommending a technical approach to meet those needs, generating design specifications, and overseeing the development, testing and implementation of the technical solution.
- Experience working at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Working knowledge of and/or familiarity with the DISA Gateway Computer Network Defense (CND) mission and its critical components (Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), Filter List Manager (FLM), Web Content Filtering (WCF), Enterprise E-mail Security Gateway (EEMSG), and Gateway Lab systems.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.