Job DescriptionJob #: 997422
Apex Life Sciences is searching for a qualified IT Support Engineer to work at an exciting pharma company in the greater LA area!
- Provide third line support to the 1st and 2nd level service providers, monitors tickets for escalations and intervenes as necessary to ensure timely and high quality support experiences.
- Available for critical incidents and activates critical incident management procedures as necessary.
- Follows customer issues through to completion to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Authors technical documents, procedures and training materials.
- Provides end user training for new implementations and opportunities identified by the IT management team.
- Provides direction, problem resolution and training to front-line technical support personnel.
- Ensures knowledge capture of escalations from 1st and 2nd level support through ZenDesk ticketing system, while escalating tickets as necessary to the appropriate support teams
- Expert in the use of end-point services automation and remote monitoring and management tools, such as Intune, and remote console and remote desktop services.
- Intermediate to Expert knowledge administering Mimecast, Microsoft O365 including SharePoint and Teams, Azure AD, TrendMicro, and Kaseya.
- Intermediate technical support for all Audio/Visual related systems including but not limited to display devices, projectors, video teleconferencing and Crestron control systems using documented procedures and tools.
- Develops, tests and implements end user software deployment packages and scripts.
- Achieve or exceed defined Service Level Agreements for Incidents and Service Requests.
- Participate in the on-call rotation that may include off hours, onsite visits or remote troubleshooting.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
Physical Requirements: Subject to extended periods of sitting and/or standing, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- 5+ years experience as a personal computer desktop technician, field service technician and/or related experience required at a 2nd or senior level.
- 5+ years of direct experience utilizing end-point management systems to administer end-user systems. Microsoft Active Directory and Intune experience preferred.
- Experience with PC scripting and software installation deployment packaging.
- Microsoft, CompTIA Network+ certification or CompTIA A+ certification, a plus.
- Excellent analytical and troubling shooting skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively diagnose and troubleshoot a broad range of technical problems.
- Must be able to manage time and work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently on projects, monitor support queues for escalations and communicate critical issues to the IT management team.
- Possess the knowledge of industry standard products, systems, applications and current operating systems.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, including effectively listening skills to interpret and understand end user needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to manage controversial and/or adversarial situations calmly and professionally.
- Possess a professional demeanor, is dependable and reliable and can adapt to changing priorities and needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism are required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.