JOB TITLE: IT SYSTEMS SUPPORT FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
DEPARTMENT: IT REPORTS TO: SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
CREATION/REVISION DATE: 3/2019
The primary purpose of the IT Systems Support is to coordinate between the company and external vendors and contractors about IT-related infrastructure and development. This position will also be responsible to consult with our IT department on any issues that arise and advise about potential fixes or efficiency controls
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Involved in supporting all retail store locations, corporate office, distribution center, and remote users in regard to all technical, procedural, computer, and phone issues.
• Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for computers and software, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed projects.
• Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required and the need for security and access restrictions.
• Provide backup to the lead administrator on other technologies.
• Routine system backups, performing user account setup/deletion Technical support for hardware, software and connectivity issues.
• Recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps for issue resolution.
• Diagnose internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers.
• Confers with supervisors to obtain information on limitations and capabilities of existing system and capabilities required for optimizing end user productivity.
• Enter data into computer system to store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
• Participate in the on-call rotation for afterhours store support.
• Work hours as required for the technologies that administrator supports and/or projects that administrator is responsible for.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• 5 to 10 years of experience in a corporate environment supporting PC, laptop, and application support in a Microsoft environment.
• Bachelors' degree in related field of expertise required.
• Microsoft, Cisco, and VMWare certifications preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Computer skills in Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Pro, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2003 Server, MS Exchange Server 2010, MS SQL 2005 & 2008, MS Office 2007 & 2010, Linux, HP Switches, Cisco Routers, Juniper SSLVPN devices, EqualLogic SAN, Force10 Switches, VMWare, and Symantec Endpoint Protection.
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures associated with helpdesk management.
• Understanding of network and telephony technologies.
• Work requires a solid knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language to effectively communicate with management, associates and customers.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Must demonstrate an ability to think strategically, plan and organize effectively.
• Must be able to maintain an exemplary degree of professionalism in all situations.
• Requires a proficient analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various problems, and prioritize work.
• Results driven with demonstrated critical and creative thinking skills. Project management, time management, analytical and superior organizational skills required.
• Proven ability to plan, organize, multi-task, set priorities effectively and efficiently to proactively respond to changing demands, from multiple sources.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk; or hear.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
• The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.