TekSynap, a “Fast 50” technology company in the Washington DC area that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
We are seeking an IT Support Specialist to support the DLA in the following locations: Battle Creek, Michigan; Dayton, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; New Cumberland, Pennsylvania; Richmond, Virginia or Tracy, California.
The IT Support Specialist will perform a variety of routine tasks covering planning and delivery of customer support services including installation, troubleshooting, user assistance and training. Must be within 100 mile commuting distance to the respective DLA location.
• Diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents.
• Planning and analysis of work processes, researching and reporting trends and patterns of problems.
• Developing training materials and performing computing/information system training sessions.
• Developing and maintaining problem tracking databases.
• Installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining hardware and software.
• Performing backup and recovery operations.
• Consulting with users to identify needs and requirements.
• Conducting feasibility studies and trade-off analyses.
• Preparing business cases.
• Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and
• May be required to support DLA’s eProcurement system, a segment of its SAP-based enterprise resource
• Six (6) years of progressive experience in the field of Information Processing
• Three (3) of which are specialized in Information Processing and involve a range of hardware/software
solutions. Two (2) of which are concentrated, hands-on experience in installing, diagnosing problems and
training customers in the use of software and hardware
• Secret Clearance – IT Sensitivity I
• U.S. Citizen
• Must hold one of the following active certifications:
• CASP CE
• CCNP Security
• CISSP (or Associate)
Must hold one of the following active computing certifications or related Microsoft computing certification:
• MCITP SA
• MCITP EA
• M2012 Net
• MCA:MS Windows Server Directory
• GCWN M
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Multiple locations available: Battle Creek, MI; Dayton, OH; Columbus, OH; New Cumberland, PA; Richmond, VA; Tracy, CA
Type of environment: Setting Changes
Noise level: Soft - Medium
Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday – Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active Secret Clearance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.