Tech Operations Coordinator / IT Support Specialist
Our team is looking for a well-rounded Tech Operations / IT Support Specialist to support our multinational organization. This is an exciting opportunity because the IT environment is very new, there will be a lot of autonomy and projects started from the ground up. We are cloud forward, but still have two core applications in the datacenter (Windows server, MSSQL specifically).
This role will reports to our Tech Operations manager. Globally we are about 100 people with 5 non-independent offices to support, with the bulk (60 or so) being in NYC.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $31.75 - 35.25 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
What You Will be Doing:
• Establish support procedures, support technology issues globally, and triage high priority issues.
• Maintain documentation for the internal systems, services, and processes.
• Explore and install new technologies, systems, and services.
• Support our software engineering team with various tasks (e.g. Update/maintenance of Windows servers, manage backup/restore processes, security practices).
• Set up and implement best practices for security.
• Support the organization in onboarding, offboarding and every day IT needs.
• Keep current with the latest technologies and best practices with regards to IT support and operations.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
• 0-2 years of tech support experience.
• Self starter with an organized mindset
• Experience in providing exceptional hands-on support with a variety of end-user devices/virtual devices, such as Apple desktops and laptops, video conferencing, printers, etc.
• Experience with one or more hosted productivity and communications applications: Google, MS Office, Adobe, Slack, Atlassian Suite, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
• Skilled in troubleshooting LAN and wireless networks; familiar with protocols such as TCP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, VPN and VoIP setup/troubleshooting
Bonus points for:
• Microsoft Server experience
• Experience with project management tools such as JIRA and documentation tools like Confluence.
• Experience with asset management/tracking software such as JAMF or others(we are not using anything currently but would like to one day).
skills: Google, MS Office, Adobe, Slack, Atlassian Suite, Microsoft Server experience, Experience with project management tools such as JIRA and documentation tools like Confluence, Experience with asset management/tracking software such as JAMF
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.