The IT Support Specialist is to provide timely and courteous tier 1 and tier 2 technical support to employees within the company, including the corporate office and external sites. The technician must be reliable and friendly and able to handle their job duties in a professional and efficient manner. These duties primarily include managing:
- Windows workstations with Window 7 - 10 Operating Systems
- Various business/web applications
- Office 365 services and user accounts, Azure, SharePoint
- Printers and scanners
The position is full-time and will directly report to the IT Manager. The job will contain both corporate office support and offsite support. Support for offsite end users will predominantly be done remotely, although some support will need to be done on site. Some required Phoenix-Metro area travel. Must have reliable transportation
- 3 years minimum experience in business or enterprise support positions
- Familiarity with Windows 7- 10, the Microsoft Office 365 suite, and Adobe products
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, triaging support requests, and conducting oneself in a professional manner in person, over the phone, and via emails
- Familiarity with basic computer setup and maintenance
- Familiarity with printers, scanners, and replacing toner cartridges
- Familiarity with IP phones and managing phone lines
- Familiarity with networks, routers, firewalls, cat6 cabling
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to colleagues and end users
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- This job requires a self starter who is organized and is willing to document procedures completed
- Associate degree or higher in the field of Information Technology
- 3 or more years experience in a business or enterprise support positions
- Relevant IT certifications, such as CompTIA A+, Network + etc.
- Familiarity with Zendesk, Trello, Citrix ShareFile, SharePoint, Powershell and Azure AD is a bonus
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a temperature-controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.