IT Support SpecialistOwned Stations & Affiliate RelationsNBCUOTS - WRCWashington, D.C.District of ColumbiaAt NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.This role is part of the Technology & Operations team at NBC4/T44 focused on systems administration, support and upgrades of large scale IT centric technologies within Media. This role is part of a small team focused on quality and service delivery and reports to the Manager of IT.
4pm-Midnight, Monday thru Friday
4pm-Midnight, Monday thru Friday
- Provide first class general day to day support for 300+ users
- Provide support, maintenance and upgrades across all IT based systems
- Provide support to the newsroom users and associated critical production systems
- Function as a team member and service provider in a high-availability IT environment
- Work with IT Analysts and Broadcast Engineers to implement projects where multitasking and changing priorities are a constant
- Address submitted incidents in Issue Tracker and close out tickets when resolved.
- Administration and Support of mission critical News production systems such as:
Dalet Galaxy Media Asset Management, LMX, Latakoo, Newsticker, Volicon, Digital Rapids, Isilon Storage, Omneon, Panasonic P2 Workflow, video codecs and transcoding, edit platforms including Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier, Ross Automated Production Control, WSI and Ross Xpressions Graphics
- Administration and support of Mobile devices (IOS/Android/Hot Spots), Web based technologies, Windows & Apple computers.
- WAN / LAN network and security management including remote sites.
- Troubleshoot network and communication problems related to Local Wired, Wireless, and Wide Area Networks.
- Administration of Cisco Networking devices.
- Provide support for network users, partners, and third-party vendors.
- Respond to emergency network outages.
- Administration of Active Directory Users & Groups, Servers (including VMs)
- VMWare experience is a plus
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel as needed
- 3 + years’ experience with network infrastructure, FTP, DNS, Firewall and Imaging
- Minimum 3 years working in a mission critical Broadcast / IT environment
- 3 + years’ experience and working knowledge of administration of file systems and storage clusters
- 5 + years’ experience with the setup and troubleshooting of file based workflows, watch folders, transcoding and movement of files through the system
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Washington, DC
- Availability to be on-call, as well as shift work coverage in a 24/7-365 business
- Must be available evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Experience in IT based technologies within a 24/7/365 News production environment is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to interface with all levels within an organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive information
- Strong detail orientation
- Ability to adapt and work well in a rapidly changing environment
- A team player who can also work independently and is a self-starter
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal