Our client is seeking a junior or mid-level Support Specialist that will resolve software and hardware problems within multiple platforms. They're seeking someone that will implement corrective actions from remote site or guide user through corrective actions.
- Provide support and technical assistance to corporate computer end-users via face-to-face visits, telephone support, and remote access programs (both Windows and Mac).
- Routine tasks will include installation, configuration, network access, support and troubleshooting operating systems and productivity software in a corporate WLAN/WAN/LAN environment.
- Provide support and technical assistance for iPhones and iPads, peripheral equipment, and all software.
- Provision, manage accounts, and provide support for various internal and cloud based systems.
- Heavily involved in deploying new hardware, automating software rollouts/upgrades, backups and retirement of obsolete hardware.
- Attend training seminars and in-service programs as requested by supervisor.
- Provide Help Desk support to all users via Ticketing System and Help Desk Phone line.
- Evaluate and recommend desktop hardware and software.
- Assist training customers/users on various desktop functions; participate in Staff Development programs.
- Respond to off hours' pager 1 week/month.
- Work conditions may occasionally include moderate noise if working in a production area, exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards associated with computer equipment, and handling of light to moderately heavy objects.
- Bachelor's/Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant certifications are preferred but not essential.
- Relevant certifications include CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Linux+, CCNA, Apple, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, and/or MCSE and are a plus.
- Must have demonstrable help desk experience.
- Experience supporting PC hardware (Dell hardware a plus), Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, Office 2013 and higher.
- Strong experience supporting Apple hardware, OS X 10.9+, Office 2011 and 2016 for the Mac and Outlook/Apple Mail for the Mac.
- Experience with current and popular cloud applications and configurations, like Google, AWS, Dropbox etc.
- Experience with remote access programs including Cisco VPN, Windows Remote Desktop, Windows Terminal Server.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory Networking including logon account management, group/user policies, logon scripts, network printers, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies including VMware Fusion, ESXI, Workstation.
- Experience working with backup systems, configuration, and maintenance as they relate to backup/recovery of data on corporate networks.
- Familiar with inventory and policy management software.
- Jamf, Dell Kace, and Microsoft SCC knowledge a plus.
- Basic understanding of network communications equipment such as firewalls, routers, switches, hubs and VPNs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
If interested, please apply!
The Solomon Page Distinction
Solomon Page offers a comprehensive benefit program for hourly employees. We pride ourselves on offering medical, dental, 401(k), direct deposit and commuter benefits to our employees, including freelancers - which sets us apart in the industries we serve.
About Solomon Page
Founded in 1990, with 14 offices and counting, Solomon Page is a specialty niche provider of staffing and executive search solutions across a wide array of functions and industries. The success of Solomon Page reflects an organic growth strategy supported by a highly entrepreneurial culture. Acting as a strategic partner to our clients and candidates, we focus on providing customized solutions and building long-term relationships based on trust, respect, and the consistent delivery of excellent results. For more information and additional opportunities, visit: solomonpage.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.