In this IT Support role, you will work as part of a team to provide support services for internal employees such as desktop/laptop hardware, software, printers, VoIP, internal application support, audio/visual technologies, basic LAN troubleshooting, mobile device support, Exchange, Antivirus, Device encryption. You will process incoming technical support incidents and requests through the ticket queues and escalating accordingly while maintaining service level agreements.
- Provide first and second-level support to users
- Efficiently work and manage tickets in Bruker ticketing system
- Respond in timely manner to support tickets
- Provide support to both local and remote users
- Assist with server file-share administration, printer server management and Active Directory administration.
- Setup/Support/Maintenance of all Computers and Phone including Hardware/Software/Applications. Utilize software deployment tools and OS imaging tools such as Windows Deployment Services. Assist with maintenance and configuration of WDS and OS Images.
- Assist with maintenance and configuration of end user business applications including but not limited to: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, Bitlocker Full Disk Encryption.
- Procure, configure, deploy and provide on-going support for company desktops/laptops
- Build and maintain computer images to support efficient build process
- Maintain user account lifecycle in Active Directory or other supported IT applications as required
- Manage the asset setup and account provisioning of new hires (computers and any accounts) and offboarding process.
- Other responsibilities (Mobile Device Management, Ordering software, manage inventory, IT projects, document processes)
- Maintain reliable LAN (local area network)
- Basic management of file servers under vm environment
- Deployment and support of network printers and accessories
- As needed, assure ensure proper backup and recovery processes are being followed
- Manage client backups using Druva, OneDrive or applicable tools
- Align and work with Global IT colleagues
- Stay aware of key projects/initiatives that are going on with Global IT team
- Stay involved. Pro-actively engage with IT colleagues for knowledge sharing.
- May act as technical point of contact between the business and 3rd party vendors for IT services
- Miscellaneous Duties
- Help manage mobile device fleet (mobile phones, mifi devices)
- Perform other tasks as assigned by manager
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to interact positively with a diverse workforce
- Ability to efficiently diagnose and fix problems
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office
- Education in Information Technology field and computer-related experience of 5-10 years