JOB TITLE:FIELD TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATE, FULL-TIME
LOCATION:Greater Los Angeles and San Diego area
REPORTS TO:Manager, Field Techs
JOB PURPOSE:On-site technical support for clients
The Field Technology Associate will be providing support to the Company’s clients, assessing and resolving technical issues and implementing fixes to completion. This individual will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, security, and support of client environment, software and other peripherals. This position is based offsite in greater LA and we also have positions in the San Diego (several locations).
He/she will be responding to users by answering, evaluating, and prioritizing tickets, phone calls, and in-person requests for assistance. He/ she must research and resolve technical problems, applying various complex techniques to identify issues, investigate causes, and recommend solutions. The Field Technology Associate will also work on various projects assigned by the Field Technology Manager to increase the productivity and efficiency of the department and the company as a whole.
Interviewing for this position will be by an in-person interview. On acceptance of an offer from the company, the candidate will be sent off-site for live-scan fingerprinting as part of a company-paid state- and federal-level background check.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience providing “hands-on” technical assistance for an environment with large amount of user base
- Background in customer service and satisfaction, commitment to providing white-glove customer service to all users
- Familiarity with a CRM and/or ticketing system (ideally Zendesk.com) to accurately document all incidents
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, collaborative nature and work ethic
- Impeccable communication and organizational skills (can multi-task and handle shifting priorities)
- Basic understanding of networking and system administration
- Developed IT strategies, goals, and procedures relating to the process improvement of a department and entire company
- Procurement of IT equipment and software that fits the needs of the organization in a complex and ever-evolving environment
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and have great organizational skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Windows 7, 8 and Mac OSX
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012, MS SQL
- Troubleshooting and supporting virtual applications, remote assistance tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting Mac OS, Windows 7, and mobile devices
- Cisco CCNA certification (Company will offer training for this certification)
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
At Company expense, we require a live-scan fingerprint background check for all employees, prior to employment.
Salary:DETERMINED BY EXPERIENCE
- Our company offers 120 hours of PTO annually, company activities for fun and relaxation, 401(k), medical benefits and 8 holidays per year.
- Our field staff wear sharp-looking shirts with our company logo and we provide the equipment and supervision needed for individual jobs.
- There is a large support infrastructure of meetings and conference calls, and company-paid training and certification is both expected and a benefit of employment.
- Medical, dental, chiropractic and vision benefits are offered after a probationary period of 30 days, with the company paying a fixed portion of the combined benefits.
- At company expense we offer life and disability insurance coverage.
- We temper hard work with off-site activities and a holiday event.
- Technical employees have opportunity for training, at company expense, for a variety of industry certifications.
We honor and welcome our veterans and encourage applications from them.
About the Company:
We are a technical consulting firm with offices in Los Angeles, Denver, San Diego, Honolulu, Portland and Reno, with the main office in San Jose CA. We provide on-site tech support for a number of clients in real estate, education, health plans, county agencies and hi-tech industries. www.kanavelgroup.com