Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or Chesterfield, MO
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Systems Support Manager
Your Role: Plans, evaluates, monitors (performance and capacity), and identifies areas for enterprise-wide system improvements and upgrades. Also recommends solutions to business problems and keeps abreast on industry trends and developments.
- Formulates and documents standard procedures for administration
- Plans, coordinates, and implements upgrades and establishes maintenance requirements
- Develops and implements testing and evaluation plans for IT systems and controls to gauge conformity with industry standards of efficiency, accuracy, and security
- Manages capacity planning, BC/DR/HA, and performance analysis
- Fine tunes and monitors systems while ensuring reliability and availability of enterprise systems
- Leverages current system catalog to reduce operation costs and maintains system logs and records
- Analyzes and identifies trends in issue reporting and devising preventive solutions
- Maintains, optimizes, and documents the server infrastructure (physical and virtual) and evaluates new server technologies
- Assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures, while planning computer rooms and datacenters
- Travel – Ability to travel via car, plane, train to attend meetings and training as needed
- Schedule – Ability to work flexible hours; may include evening hours and weekends to meet the responsibilities of the job
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of work experience or equivalent Dot Foods experience
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 pounds
- Experience troubleshooting PC software (Microsoft Office products and larger third party systems)
We’d Like You To Have:
- Positive, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills in working with all departments
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment