Apex Systems, part of On Assignment & the 2nd largest IT staffing Solutions firm in the country has an opportunity for an IT Systems Analyst for a client in Northborough, MA. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an updated version of your resume to Matthew Bonvouloir at firstname.lastname@example.org with your best contact information. Also, Apex does offer a referral policy if you know anyone else who might be interested!
The IT Analyst position will be part of the team supporting the Outage Management Systems (OMS). The OMS applications are a key component of the company’s outage restoration process. This critical role will be responsible for performing a variety of application support tasks for business users across New England and upstate New York. Primary responsibilities will include maintaining our mapping and customer data, design and development of web based reports, troubleshooting data quality issues, and collaborating with team members and other IS teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues impacting application users. The position is located in Northborough, MA.
• Works as part of team to import, update, and troubleshoot spatial data within outage mapping application
• Provides support for interfaces between OMS and corporate Geographic Information System (GIS) and Customer Information System (CIS)
• Works with control rooms, support team, and others to resolve OMS data quality issues
• Designs, develops, and implements web-based reporting enhancements
• Performs Oracle database development tasks in support of web reporting application
• Works with other members of OMS support team to investigate and resolve technical issues within the outage management systems and environments.
• Participates in team activities for software upgrades and disaster recovery tests
• Works with business users (control rooms, contact centers, operations) to capture requirements for system enhancement requests
• Works with business users and other IS groups to perform application and integration testing
• Participates in critical storm support role for OMS applications
• Participates as a member of 24/7 on-call support rotation
• Position requires a 4 year degree from an accredited college or university, equivalent work experience, or combination of both
• 2+ years providing direct operational support to clients and business users is required
• Application development experience with Oracle SQL, .Net, or Java is highly desired
• Experience providing 24x7 IT support for mission critical applications is desired
• Experience with Outage Management Systems is highly desired.
• Experience working with GIS applications or mapping software is highly desired.
• Experience working with Windows 2008+ and Red Hat Linux operating systems is an advantage
• Knowledge of electric distribution data modeling is an advantage
• Must possess strong problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot and solve issues independently and creatively
• Must possess ability to work independently and manage work load in fast paced environment.
• Must be able to work effectively with remote teams and management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
Matthew Bonvouloir| Technical Recruiter |Apex Systems
2400 District Avenue, Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
Phone: 781-221-2102 | Mobile: 508-505-1884
email@example.com | www.apexsystems.com
? Learn more about what sets us apart in the industry in our Year in Review
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178